Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (75-71) and the Detroit Tigers (54-90) play on Sunday at 12:10 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The White Sox are favored (-165) to win the rubber match against the Tigers (+140). Michael Kopech starts for Chicago while Detroit will counter with Drew Hutchison.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 12:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSDET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in MLB action with 134 total home runs .
- The White Sox’s .261 batting average leads MLB.
- The White Sox’s .316 on-base percentage is 13th in the league.
- The White Sox strike out 7.8 times per game to rank seventh in baseball.
- The White Sox have hit 66 homers away from home this season (0.9 per game).
- The White Sox are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .397 away from home.
- The club is batting .265 with 703 hits (9.5 per game) on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago with an OBP of .382, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .454.
- Among qualifying hitters, Abreu ranks eighth in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is 46th in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in total hits (134) this season while batting .288 with 45 extra-base hits.
- Vaughn ranks 21st in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .256 with a .410 slugging percentage and 51 RBI this year.
- Andrus heads into this matchup with five games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .409 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Luis Robert has 12 home runs, 56 RBI and a batting average of .288 this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 91 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Tigers rank 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .228.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .284 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Tigers rank 22nd in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 74 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .343 in home games this season with 161 extra-base hits.
- In 74 home games this season, they have a batting average of .233 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has accumulated 118 hits with a .281 on-base percentage and a .387 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, Baez ranks 101st in batting average, 131st in on-base percentage and 109th in slugging percentage.
- Baez takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .500 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .265 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .202 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
- Jonathan Schoop is hitting .201 with 21 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 16 walks.
White Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers