Table of Contents
Amed Rosario leads the Cleveland Guardians (79-66) into a matchup against the Minnesota Twins (72-73) a game after he racked up four hits in a 7-6 win over the Twins. The Guardians are favorites (-110) against the Twins (-109) in this outing, which starts at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday. Cleveland’s Cody Morris starts against Minnesota’s Joe Ryan.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Twins
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit the second-fewest home runs in MLB action this season (113).
- The Guardians have the 10th-best batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Guardians are 16th in the league with an on-base percentage of .314.
- Guardians batters strike out 6.9 times per game, the fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Guardians have hit 42 homers at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .361 in home contests.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .249 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 150 hits, which is best among Cleveland hitters this season, while batting .279 with 74 extra-base hits.
- Ramirez is 31st in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Ramirez will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, two home runs, four walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .289 with 22 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 58 walks.
- Kwan’s batting average ranks 21st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 17th, and his slugging percentage 112th.
- Kwan has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .217 with a double and two walks.
- Rosario has an OPS of .717, fueled by an OBP of .314 and a team-best slugging percentage of .403 this season.
- Rosario brings a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .462 with a double, a home run and nine RBI.
- Andres Gimenez leads Cleveland in OBP (.370) this season, fueled by 131 hits.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank 12th in Major League Baseball with 167 home runs.
- The Twins’ .247 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- The Twins have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Twins rank 13th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 70 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 81 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .395 in away games this season with 204 extra-base hits.
- In 70 road games this season, they have a batting average of .241 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has accumulated a team-high OBP (.375) and slugging percentage (.427).
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Arraez’s batting average puts him fourth, his on-base percentage ranks 11th, and he is 67th in slugging.
- Carlos Correa has racked up 129 hits to pace his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Correa ranks 31st in batting average, 23rd in on-base percentage and 35th in slugging percentage.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .277 with 24 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks.
- Jose Miranda is batting .273 with 22 doubles, 15 home runs and 25 walks.
Guardians vs. Twins Probable Pitchers