Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (80-64) will look to Julio Rodriguez, who is on a two-game home run streak, when they square off against the Los Angeles Angels (63-82). The Mariners are favored on the moneyline (-114) in this matchup against the Angels (-105), which begins at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday at Angel Stadium. Seattle’s Marco Gonzales gets the start against Los Angeles’ Reid Detmers.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Angels
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank ninth-best in MLB action with 177 total home runs.
- The Mariners have the 25th-ranked batting average in the league (.229).
- The Mariners’ .312 on-base percentage is 18th in baseball.
- The Mariners’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 15th in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.3 home runs per road game this season (93 total away from home).
- The Mariners are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .399 away from home.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .237 away from home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Rodriguez has 136 hits and an OBP of .341 to go with a slugging percentage of .499. All three of those stats rank first among Seattle hitters this season.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, Rodriguez’s batting average ranks 35th, his on-base percentage ranks 45th, and he is 16th in slugging.
- Rodriguez has hit safely in seven straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .447 with two doubles, five home runs, six walks and seven RBI.
- Ty France has 23 doubles, 19 home runs and 31 walks while batting .274.
- Among all qualifying players, France ranks 38th in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage and 60th in slugging percentage.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .251 with a .348 slugging percentage and 38 RBI this year.
- Adam Frazier has been key for Seattle with 118 hits, an OBP of .304 plus a slugging percentage of .311.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 173 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Angels are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .294.
- The Angels rank last in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.6 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 73 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .409 in home games this season with 206 extra-base hits.
- In 73 home games this season, they have a batting average of .238 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has totaled 138 hits with a .356 on-base percentage and a .536 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Angels.
- Including all qualified players in the majors, Ohtani ranks 50th in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage and seventh in slugging percentage.
- Ohtani heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with three doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .278 with 20 doubles, two triples, 36 home runs and 46 walks.
- Taylor Ward a has .356 on-base percentage to lead the Angels.
- Luis Rengifo has 22 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 15 walks while hitting .273.
Mariners vs. Angels Probable Pitchers