Jorge Mateo is only one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Baltimore Orioles (76-69) ready for a matchup with the Detroit Tigers (54-91) on Monday at 7:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-192) over the Tigers (+161). Tyler Wells gets the starting nod for Baltimore, and Tyler Alexander is Detroit’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Monday, September 19, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles rank 15th in baseball with 152 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Orioles have the 21st-ranked batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Orioles’ .304 on-base percentage ranks 24th in baseball.
- The Orioles strike out 8.6 times per game to rank 18th in the league.
- The Orioles average one home run per home game this season (71 total at home).
- The Orioles are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .389 at home.
- The team is batting .239 with 560 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander leads Baltimore in total hits (129) this season while batting .248 with 50 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Santander’s batting average ranks 82nd, his on-base percentage ranks 73rd, and he is 52nd in slugging.
- Cedric Mullins is slashing .263/.326/.406 this season and leads the Orioles with an OPS of .732.
- Among qualifiers, Mullins is 58th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Mountcastle has 121 hits this season and has a slash line of .243/.295/.429.
- Austin Hays has been key for Baltimore with 120 hits, an OBP of .305 plus a slugging percentage of .413.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 93 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .284.
- The Tigers rank 21st with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 71 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .338 in away games this season with 169 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .224 with 7.5 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has totaled 120 hits with a .283 on-base percentage and a .394 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Baez’s batting average is 98th, his on-base percentage is 128th, and he is 99th in slugging.
- Baez hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is batting .389 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .263 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .201 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
- Willi Castro has 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 15 walks while hitting .238.
Orioles vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers