Table of Contents
Star quarterback Garrett Shrader and the Syracuse Orange (3-0) play the Virginia Cavaliers (2-1) on Friday at 7:00 PM ET at JMA Wireless Dome.
The Orange are expected to win by double digits (currently -10) against the Cavaliers. The over/under for this game is 54.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Syracuse vs. Virginia
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Syracuse, New York
- Stadium: JMA Wireless Dome
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Virginia is winless against the spread so far this season in three games with a set total.
- Virginia has not hit the over on a point total in three games with a set over/under.
Syracuse Stats & Insights
- Syracuse is totaling 406.7 yards per game offensively this season (75th in the FBS), and are surrendering 340.3 yards per game (48th) on the other side of the ball.
- Syracuse is putting up 37.0 points per game on offense (43rd in the FBS), and ranks 32nd defensively with 16.7 points allowed per game.
- Syracuse is averaging 244.0 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 70th in the FBS. The defense ranks 86th, surrendering 242.0 passing yards per game.
- Syracuse is averaging 162.7 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 70th in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 35th, surrendering 98.3 rushing yards per game.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks 17th-worst in the FBS (47.5% third-down conversion rate), Syracuse has put up better results offensively, ranking 49th in the FBS by posting a 44.1% third-down conversion rate.
- With six forced turnovers (24th in the FBS) against zero turnovers committed (100th in the FBS), Syracuse’s +6 turnover margin is the fourth-best in college football.
Syracuse’s Best Players
- Shrader has thrown for 705 yards, completing 66.2% of his passes and tossing eight touchdowns this season. He’s also run for 202 yards (67.3 ypg) on 46 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Sean Tucker has racked up 252 rushing yards on 66 carries, scoring two touchdowns. He’s also added 125 yards (41.7 per game) on 12 catches with one touchdown.
- Oronde Gadsden II has hauled in 12 catches for 193 yards (64.3 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone three times as a receiver.
- Devaughn Cooper has a total of 98 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in eight throws.
- Mikel Jones leads the team with 2.0 sacks, and also has 1.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Marlowe Wax is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s collected 11 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
- Garrett Williams leads the team with one interception, while also recording 10 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended.
Virginia Betting Insights
- Virginia is winless against the spread so far this year (0-3-0).
- Virginia’s three games with a set total this season have all gone under the over/under.
Virginia Stats & Insights
- With 413.3 total yards per game on offense, Virginia ranks 72nd in the FBS in 2022. Defensively, it ranks 57th, allowing 349.3 total yards per game.
- Virginia’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 17.7 points per game, which ranks 15th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 39th with 18.3 points allowed per contest.
- Virginia ranks 79th in the FBS with 236.7 passing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 47th with 197.0 passing yards given up per contest on defense.
- Virginia is posting 176.7 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (58th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 152.3 rushing yards per contest (82nd-ranked) on defense.
- From an offensive standpoint, Virginia is posting a 34.1% third-down conversion rate (101st-ranked). It ranks 47th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (32.6% third-down rate allowed).
- After forcing five turnovers (48th in the FBS) and turning the ball over eight times (116th in the FBS) this season, Virginia owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin of -3.
Virginia’s Best Players
- Brennan Armstrong has been a dual threat for Virginia this season. He has 710 passing yards (236.7 per game) while completing 52.9% of his passes. He’s tossed two touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. On the ground, he’s compiled 150 yards (50.0 ypg) on 35 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Perris Jones has run the ball 37 times for 186 yards, with one touchdown.
- Keytaon Thompson has registered 18 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 235 (78.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 23 times.
- Lavel Davis has put together a 203-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught eight passes on 17 targets.
- Dontayvion Wicks’ 12 grabs (on 36 targets) have netted him 155 yards (51.7 ypg).
- Kameron Butler has 2.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 1.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Virginia’s leading tackler, Nick Jackson, has 29 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Anthony Johnson has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has 23 tackles and one pass defended to his name.