Table of Contents
Jorge Mateo is just one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Baltimore Orioles (76-69) ready for a matchup with the Detroit Tigers (54-91) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-201) over the Tigers (+169). Austin Voth starts for Baltimore, and Joey Wentz is Detroit’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles are 15th in MLB play with 152 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Orioles have the 21st-ranked batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Orioles’ .304 on-base percentage is 24th in the league.
- The Orioles strike out 8.6 times per game, the No. 16 mark in baseball.
- The Orioles average one home run per home game this season (71 total at home).
- The Orioles have a .385 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .237 at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander leads Baltimore with 130 hits and an OBP of .325 this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Santander’s batting average ranks 79th, his on-base percentage ranks 72nd, and he is 51st in slugging.
- Cedric Mullins has hit 14 homers this season while driving in 55 runs. He’s batting .262 this season.
- Among qualifying batters, Mullins ranks 61st in batting average, 75th in on-base percentage and 89th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Mountcastle has collected 122 base hits, an OBP of .299 and a slugging percentage of .429 this season.
- Austin Hays has been key for Baltimore with 120 hits, an OBP of .306 plus a slugging percentage of .411.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 93 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .284 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Tigers rank 21st with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 72 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 48 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .340 in away games this season with 173 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .226 on the road this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has racked up an on-base percentage of .283, a slugging percentage of .393, and has 121 hits, all club-highs for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Baez’s batting average ranks 96th, his on-base percentage is 129th, and he is 100th in slugging.
- Baez enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Harold Castro is hitting .263 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .201 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
- Willi Castro is batting .237 with 18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 15 walks.
Orioles vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers