Table of Contents
Pablo Lopez looks for his 10th victory of the season when the Miami Marlins (61-87) host the Chicago Cubs (62-85). The Marlins are favored in the matchup (-153) against the Cubs (+131), and the game begins at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday. Miami’s Lopez starts against Chicago’s Adrian Sampson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 24th in baseball with 132 total home runs.
- The Marlins are 23rd in MLB with a .230 batting average.
- The Marlins are 26th in the league with an on-base percentage of .294.
- The Marlins strike out 8.7 times per game, the No. 22 average in the league.
- The Marlins average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (63 total in home outings).
- The Marlins are slugging .372 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .234.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami in OBP (.287), slugging percentage (.329) and total hits (105) this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Rojas’ batting average ranks 101st, his on-base percentage ranks 127th, and he is 131st in slugging.
- Garrett Cooper has 31 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 38 walks while hitting .259.
- Cooper has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jon Berti is batting .246 with a .348 slugging percentage and 26 RBI this year.
- Joey Wendle is batting .262 with a .300 OBP and 31 RBI for Miami this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs have hit 147 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 17th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .312 this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 25th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- In 72 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .385 in 72 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .231 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has a .453 slugging percentage, which paces the Cubs.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Happ ranks 39th in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging percentage.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hoerner’s batting average places him 20th, his on-base percentage ranks 52nd, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .208 with 25 doubles, 22 home runs and 51 walks.
- Christopher Morel is batting .237 with 16 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 34 walks.
Marlins vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers