Table of Contents
The New York Giants (2-0) meet a familiar opponent when they host the Dallas Cowboys (1-1) on Monday, September 26, 2022 at MetLife Stadium in an NFC East showdown.
The Cowboys are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2.5), versus the Giants (with an over/under of 39.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys
- Game Day: Monday, September 26, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Giants
- The Giants is 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- Each of the Giants’ two games with a set total this season have finished under the over/under.
Stats & Insights for Giants
- Offensively, the Giants rank 22nd in the NFL with 329.5 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in total defense (317 yards allowed per contest).
- The Giants rank 16th in scoring offense (20 points per game) and ninth in scoring defense (18 points allowed per game) this season.
- The Giants rank second-worst in passing offense (159 passing yards per game), but they’ve played a little better on defense, ranking 11th with 197.5 passing yards allowed per contest.
- The Giants own the 19th-ranked defense this season in terms of rushing yards (119.5 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking fifth-best with 170.5 rushing yards per game.
- The Giants rank 26th in third-down conversion rate this year (28.6%), but they’ve been shining on defense, ranking second-best in the NFL with a 21.7% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- This season, the Giants are putting up 5.5 yards per play (19th in the league), while allowing 5.7 per play on the defensive side of the ball (15th in the NFL).
- With three forced turnovers (eighth in NFL) against two turnovers committed (12th in NFL), the Giants’ +1 turnover margin ranks ninth in the league.
Giants’ Best Players
- Daniel Jones: 364 PASS YDS / 182 YPG / 70.9% / 3 TD / 1 INT / 16 CAR / 46 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Saquon Barkley: 39 CAR / 236 YDS / 118 YPG / 1 TD / 9 REC / 46 YDS / 23 YPG / 0 TD
- Richie James Jr.: 10 REC / 110 YDS / 55 YPG / 0 TD
- Sterling Shepard: 8 REC / 105 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Oshane Ximines: 8 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 PD
- Julian Love: 11 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK
- Barkley: 0 TKL
Betting Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys are 1-1-0 against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season, the Cowboys are 1-1 against the spread.
- The Cowboys’ two games with a set total this year have all finished under the over/under.
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- In terms of total offense, the Cowboys rank 26th in the NFL (290.5 total yards per game) and sixth on defense (300.5 total yards allowed per contest).
- The Cowboys’ offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, compiling 11.5 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank ninth with 18 points ceded per contest.
- The Cowboys are generating 201.5 passing yards per contest on offense this season (22nd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 180 passing yards per game (sixth-ranked) on defense.
- The Cowboys rank 23rd in the NFL with 89 rushing yards per game on offense, and they rank 20th with 120.5 rushing yards ceded per contest on defense.
- The Cowboys rank second-worst in third-down conversion rate (24%), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 14th in the NFL with a 35.5% third-down rate allowed.
- From an offensive angle, the Cowboys are generating 5 yards per play (26th-ranked). They rank eighth in the NFL on defense (5.1 yards given up per play).
- With one forced turnover (22nd in NFL) and two turnovers committed (12th in NFL) this season, the Cowboys rank 19th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -1.
Best Players for Cowboys
- Ezekiel Elliott: 25 CAR / 105 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Tony Pollard: 15 CAR / 51 YDS / 25.5 YPG / 1 TD / 6 REC / 69 YDS / 34.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Noah Brown: 10 REC / 159 YDS / 79.5 YPG / 1 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 9 REC / 104 YDS / 52 YPG / 0 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 9 REC / 80 YDS / 40 YPG / 0 TD
- Micah Parsons: 9 TKL / 4 TFL / 4 SACK
- Leighton Vander Esch: 16 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
- Donovan Wilson: 13 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 1 PD