Table of Contents
The Cleveland Browns (1-1) play a familiar opponent when they host the Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) on Thursday, September 22, 2022 at FirstEnergy Stadium in an AFC North clash.
The Browns are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-5), against the Steelers. The over/under for this game is 38.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: FirstEnergy Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Browns
- The Browns are 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Browns are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- Out of the Browns’ two games with a set total, two have hit the over (100%).
Stats & Insights for Browns
- The Browns are totaling 380 yards per game on offense (10th in NFL), and they rank 14th defensively with 331.5 yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Browns rank seventh in the NFL with 28 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 26th in points allowed (331.5 points allowed per contest).
- The Browns are totaling 179.5 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 26th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 26th, giving up 258 passing yards per game.
- The Browns have been a tough matchup for opposing teams in the running game, as they rank top-five in both rushing offense (second-best with 200.5 rushing yards per game) and rushing defense (fourth-best with 73.5 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Browns have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by putting up a 53.3% third-down conversion rate. They rank 22nd on defense (46.2% third-down percentage allowed).
- This season, the Browns are putting up 5.6 yards per play (15th in the league), while surrendering 6 per play on the defensive side of the ball (19th in the NFL).
- The Browns rank ninth in the league with a +1 turnover margin after forcing 2 turnovers (15th in the NFL) and committing one (third in the NFL).
Browns’ Best Players
- Jacoby Brissett: 376 PASS YDS / 188 YPG / 65.6% / 2 TD / 1 INT / 10 CAR / 53 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Nick Chubb: 39 CAR / 228 YDS / 114 YPG / 3 TD / 4 REC / 28 YDS / 14 YPG / 0 TD
- Kareem Hunt: 24 CAR / 104 YDS / 52 YPG / 1 TD / 6 REC / 40 YDS / 20 YPG / 1 TD
- Amari Cooper: 12 REC / 118 YDS / 59 YPG / 1 TD
- Harrison Bryant: 5 REC / 63 YDS / 31.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Donovan Peoples-Jones: 6 REC / 60 YDS / 30 YPG / 0 TD
- Myles Garrett: 5 TKL / 4 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah: 14 TKL / 3 TFL
- Grant Delpit: 9 TKL / 1 INT / 1 PD
Betting Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers is 1-0-1 against the spread this year.
- The Steelers are a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this season.
- The Steelers have not gone over a point total in two games with a set over/under.
Stats & Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers rank third-worst in total yards per game (255), but they’ve been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 27th in the NFL with 404 total yards ceded per contest.
- The Steelers are posting 18.5 points per game on offense this season (21st-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 18.5 points per game (12th-ranked) on defense.
- In terms of passing, this season has been hard for the Steelers on both offense and defense, as they are putting up only 172 passing yards per game (fifth-worst) and allowing 275.5 passing yards per game (third-worst).
- With 83 rushing yards per game on offense, the Steelers rank 26th in the NFL. Defensively they rank 22nd, allowing 128.5 rushing yards per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Steelers rank 16th in the NFL (40% third-down conversion rate) and 27th on the other side of the ball (51.5% third-down rate allowed).
- The Steelers’ offense has been sputtering in terms of yards per play, ranking worst in the NFL at 4.4. They have been more effective on defense, surrendering 5.3 yards per play (12th-ranked).
- The Steelers have accumulated six forced turnovers this season and have turned it over two times, leading to a +4 turnover margin, which ranks second-best in the NFL.
Best Players for Steelers
- Mitchell Trubisky: 362 PASS YDS / 181 YPG / 59.2% / 2 TD / 1 INT
- Najee Harris: 25 CAR / 72 YDS / 36 YPG / 0 TD / 7 REC / 43 YDS / 21.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Chase Claypool: 6 CAR / 36 YDS / 18 YPG / 0 TD / 8 REC / 44 YDS / 22 YPG / 0 TD
- Diontae Johnson: 13 REC / 112 YDS / 56 YPG / 0 TD
- Pat Freiermuth: 9 REC / 97 YDS / 48.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Alex Highsmith: 12 TKL / 3 TFL / 3 SACK
- Myles Jack: 23 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 PD
- Minkah Fitzpatrick: 20 TKL / 2 INT / 2 PD