Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (82-67) carry a three-game winning streak into a road contest against the Chicago White Sox (76-73) on Thursday at 8:10 PM ET. The Guardians are favored (-138) over the White Sox (+116). Shane Bieber starts for Cleveland while Chicago will counter with Johnny Cueto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 118 home runs this season, the second-lowest total in baseball.
- The Guardians have the ninth-best batting average in the league (.253).
- The Guardians’ .316 on-base percentage is 13th in the league.
- The Guardians strike out the least in the league, averaging 6.8 per game.
- The Guardians have hit 73 home runs on the road this season (0.9 per game).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .398 away from home.
- Away from home this season the club averages 9.1 hits per game and is batting .256.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 153 hits, which is tops among Cleveland hitters this season, while batting .277 with 74 extra-base hits.
- Ramirez is 32nd in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland with an OBP of .375 this season while batting .298 with 59 walks and 80 runs scored.
- Kwan’s batting average ranks 14th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 11th, and his slugging percentage 104th.
- Kwan enters this game looking to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .538 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Amed Rosario has an OPS of .717, fueled by an OBP of .314 and a team-best slugging percentage of .403 this season.
- Rosario has logged a hit or more in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .308 with two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .299 with a .370 OBP and 65 RBI for Cleveland this season.
- Gimenez brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .294 with a triple, a walk and three RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 21st in Major League Baseball with 139 home runs.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have the 15th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.315).
- The White Sox have shown patience at the plate this season with the seventh-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.9) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 70 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 74 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .385 in 74 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .254 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has racked up a team-high OBP (.382) and slugging percentage (.450).
- Including all qualified players, Abreu is seventh in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks ninth and he is 50th in slugging.
- Abreu heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has racked up 136 hits to lead his team.
- Including all qualified players, Vaughn is 25th in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging percentage.
- Elvis Andrus has 31 doubles, 14 home runs and 38 walks while hitting .256.
- A.J. Pollock is hitting .243 with 24 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 29 walks.
Guardians vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers