Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (72-77) will try for a sweep of the Colorado Rockies (64-85) on Thursday at Coors Field. The Giants lead 3-0, and are favored (-138) against the underdog Rockies (+117) in the matchup, which begins at 3:10 PM ET. Colorado is expected to start Jose Urena, while San Francisco has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Thursday, September 22, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 14th in baseball with 164 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Giants’ .232 batting average ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Giants are 16th in baseball with a .314 on-base percentage.
- The Giants strike out 9.1 times per game, the fourth-worst average in the league.
- The Giants have hit 88 home runs away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Giants have a .387 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .229 away from home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores is batting .237 with 27 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 52 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Flores ranks 110th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 83rd, and he is 84th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has 121 hits and an OBP of .327 to go with a slugging percentage of .417. All three of those stats are best among San Francisco hitters this season.
- Among qualifiers, Estrada ranks 46th in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 77th in slugging percentage.
- Joc Pederson has collected 92 base hits, an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .501 this season.
- Pederson has picked up a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .188 with two RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 13 home runs, 48 RBI and a batting average of .208 this season.
- Yastrzemski has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a home run and three RBI.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies have hit 136 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Rockies have a team batting average of .256 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .318 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Rockies are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking ninth with an average of eight strikeouts per game.
- In 77 games at home this season, they’ve hit 94 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They are slugging .460 in 77 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .284 with 9.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has accumulated a team-high slugging percentage (.488) and leads the Rockies in hits (146).
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, Cron ranks 46th in batting average, 74th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .261 with 20 doubles, six triples, 16 home runs and 30 walks.
- Blackmon is currently 62nd in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 78th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Brendan Rodgers has 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 43 walks while hitting .261.
- Ryan McMahon is hitting .246 with 22 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 59 walks.
Giants vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers