Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (61-89) host the Washington Nationals (52-97) on Friday at 6:40 PM ET. The Marlins are favored (-142) against the underdog Nationals (+121). Braxton Garrett gets the starting nod for Miami, and Josiah Gray is Washington’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Friday, September 23, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 24th in MLB play with 134 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- The Marlins’ .230 batting average ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Marlins are 26th in baseball with a .294 on-base percentage.
- The Marlins strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 22nd in the league.
- The Marlins have hit 65 home runs at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Marlins are slugging .372 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .233.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami with 106 hits and an OBP of .284, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .325.
- Rojas ranks 105th in batting average, 128th in on-base percentage, and 131st in slugging among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Garrett Cooper is hitting .259 with 32 doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 38 walks.
- Cooper has picked up a hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Jon Berti has 76 hits this season and has a slash line of .244/.331/.343.
- Nick Fortes has been key for Miami with 47 hits, an OBP of .316 plus a slugging percentage of .416.
- Fortes has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 127 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .250 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The Nationals rank third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.5 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 55 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 75 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .379 in away games this season with 186 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .260 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas is hitting .249 with 24 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 35 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Thomas ranks 82nd in batting average, 110th in on-base percentage and 74th in slugging percentage.
- Cesar Hernandez’s .323 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Hernandez ranks 77th in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage and 132nd in slugging percentage.
- Luke Voit has a team-best OBP (.324), while pacing the Nationals in hits (106).
- Nelson Cruz is hitting .234 with 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 49 walks.
Marlins vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers