Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (65-85) will aim to keep a four-game win streak going when they visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-95) on Saturday at 6:35 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-110) over the Pirates (-109). Chicago’s Wade Miley gets the start against Pittsburgh’s Johan Oviedo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 18th in MLB play with 149 total home runs.
- The Cubs have the 19th-ranked batting average in the majors (.239).
- The Cubs rank 20th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .310.
- The Cubs strike out 8.9 times per game to rank 25th in the league.
- The Cubs average 1.1 homers per road game this season (80 total on the road).
- The Cubs are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .382 on the road.
- The team is batting .230 with 598 hits (7.9 per game) on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has 144 hits and an OBP of .340 to go with a slugging percentage of .446. All three of those stats are best among Chicago hitters this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Happ ranks 46th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage, and 52nd in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Hoerner’s batting average is 20th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 50th, and his slugging percentage 71st.
- Hoerner has picked up at least one hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .210 with a .433 slugging percentage and 62 RBI this year.
- Wisdom takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .143 with two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Christopher Morel is batting .236 with a .311 OBP and 41 RBI for Chicago this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates’ 151 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .287 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Pirates are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 29th with an average of 9.4 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 73 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .367 in home games this season with 182 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.3 base hits per game and batting .224 as a team at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has put up a team-best OBP (.344) and slugging percentage (.463), and paces the Pirates in hits (134).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ batting average places him 50th, his on-base percentage is 38th, and he is 36th in slugging.
- Reynolds heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .243 with 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks.
- Hayes’ batting average is 94th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 92nd, and he is 127th in slugging.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .230 with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 44 walks.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .231 with 16 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 18 walks.
Cubs vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers