Table of Contents
Sportsbooks don’t expect the Chicago Cubs (66-85), at -106 on the moneyline, to prolong their four-game winning streak when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (55-96), at -113, on Saturday at 6:35 PM ET. Pittsburgh’s Johan Oviedo and Chicago’s Wade Miley will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pirates vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, September 24, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates are 17th in baseball with 153 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Pirates’ .220 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Pirates’ .287 on-base percentage is the third-worst in baseball.
- The Pirates’ 9.4 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
- The Pirates average one home run per home game this season (71 total at home).
- The Pirates are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .367 in home contests.
- The club averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .224 at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has 134 hits and an OBP of .344 to go with a slugging percentage of .463. All three of those stats are best among Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Reynolds’ batting average ranks 51st, his on-base percentage ranks 38th, and he is 36th in slugging.
- Reynolds has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .474 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is hitting .243 with 23 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks.
- Hayes’ batting average ranks 94th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 92nd, and his slugging percentage 127th.
- Ben Gamel has collected 81 base hits, an OBP of .320 and a slugging percentage of .364 this season.
- Michael Chavis is batting .231 with a .265 OBP and 49 RBI for Pittsburgh this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 150 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 18th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Cubs have the 19th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- The Cubs rank 25th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 76 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 80 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .382 in 76 road games this season.
- In 76 road games this season, they have a batting average of .230 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has totaled 144 hits with a .340 on-base percentage and a .446 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Cubs.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Happ is 46th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 53rd in slugging percentage.
- Nico Hoerner has 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks while hitting .291.
- Hoerner’s batting average ranks 20th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 50th, and he is 71st in slugging.
- Patrick Wisdom has 25 doubles, 24 home runs and 52 walks while batting .210.
- Christopher Morel is hitting .236 with 17 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 36 walks.
Pirates vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers