Table of Contents
Andres Gimenez leads the Cleveland Guardians (85-67) into a matchup with Nate Lowe and the Texas Rangers (65-86) on Sunday at 2:35 PM ET at Globe Life Field. Gimenez is batting .303, the ninth-best batting average in the majors, for the favored Guardians (-138), and Lowe is seventh in MLB play with a .305 batting average this season for the underdog Rangers (+117). Aaron Civale starts for Cleveland, and Cole Ragans is Texas’ choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 121 home runs this season, the second-lowest total in MLB action.
- The Guardians have the 10th-best batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Guardians rank 14th in baseball with a .315 on-base percentage.
- The Guardians strike out the least in the league, averaging 6.8 per game.
- The Guardians average one home runs per game when playing away from home this season (76 total in road outings).
- The Guardians are averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .398 away from home.
- Away from home this season the team averages nine hits per game and is batting .255.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 155 hits, batting .276 this season with 74 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualifying batters in baseball, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks 29th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan is batting .295 with 22 doubles, seven triples, five home runs and 60 walks.
- Kwan ranks 14th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage and 105th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Amed Rosario leads Cleveland in slugging percentage (.410) powered by 46 extra-base hits.
- Rosario brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .362 with a double, two triples, two home runs, two walks and 12 RBI.
- Gimenez leads Cleveland with an OBP of .375 this season while batting .303 with 33 walks and 64 runs scored.
- Gimenez brings a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .353 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank eighth in Major League Baseball with 185 home runs.
- The Rangers rank 16th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .304 this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Rangers rank 23rd in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 76 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .406 in home games this season with 210 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.1 base hits per game and batting .243 as a team at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has 31 doubles, five triples, 24 home runs and 51 walks while hitting .254.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, Semien ranks 74th in batting average, 99th in on-base percentage and 60th in slugging percentage.
- Corey Seager has 23 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks while hitting .246.
- Including all qualified hitters, Seager ranks 87th in batting average, 80th in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .253 with 31 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 39 walks.
- Lowe’s 169 hits, .360 OBP and .495 slugging percentage are all team-highs.
Guardians vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers