Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Dodgers (105-47) host the St. Louis Cardinals (89-64) at 4:10 PM ET on Sunday in a matchup of two of MLB’s most consistent batters. Freddie Freeman has a batting average of .325 (first in MLB) for the favored Dodgers (-155), and Paul Goldschmidt ranks second in MLB play hitting .319 this season for the underdog Cardinals (+131). Los Angeles has Michael Grove set to start, and St. Louis counters with Adam Wainwright.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Cardinals
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB action with 205 total home runs.
- The Dodgers rank second in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .335 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 14 average in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.4 homers per home game this season (100 total at home).
- The Dodgers have a .463 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .263 with 644 hits (8.7 per game) at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman has an OPS of .915, fueled by an OBP of .402 to go with a slugging percentage of .513. All three of those stats lead Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Freeman is first in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and 12th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts has 145 hits, which is best among Los Angeles batters this season. He’s batting .270 with 73 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified batters, Betts’ batting average ranks him 41st, his on-base percentage 47th, and his slugging percentage sixth.
- Trea Turner has 183 hits this season and has a slash line of .299/.344/.472.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 125 hits, an OBP of .352 plus a slugging percentage of .476.
- Smith has safely hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .471 with two triples, a home run and two RBI.
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals’ 191 home runs rank seventh in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals’ .253 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Cardinals are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fourth with an OBP of .325.
- The Cardinals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking fifth with an average of 7.6 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 75 road contests this season.
- In 75 road games this season, they’re slugging .425 with 248 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging nine base hits per game and batting .254 on the road this season.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Goldschmidt has accumulated 172 hits with a .407 on-base percentage and a .588 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Cardinals.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Goldschmidt ranks second in batting average, third in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .295 with 41 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 49 walks.
- Arenado’s batting average is 14th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 23rd, and he is fourth in slugging.
- Tommy Edman is batting .263 with 29 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 43 walks.
- Brendan Donovan has 19 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 55 walks while hitting .279.
Dodgers vs. Cardinals Probable Pitchers