Table of Contents
Jesse Winker has 97 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his Seattle Mariners (83-68) take on the Kansas City Royals (62-89) on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET. The Mariners are favored (-186) over the Royals (+157). Seattle’s Luis Castillo and Kansas City’s Max Castillo pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Royals
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are ninth-best in MLB action with 184 total home runs.
- The Mariners have the third-worst batting average in the league (.228).
- The Mariners rank 17th in the league with an on-base percentage of .312.
- The Mariners’ 8.6 strikeouts per game rank 17th in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.3 homers per road game this season (100 total away from home).
- The Mariners have a .398 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .235.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France has an OPS of .779, fueled by an OBP of .337 and a team-best slugging percentage of .442 this season.
- France ranks 37th in batting average, 52nd in on-base percentage, and 56th in slugging among all qualifying hitters in MLB.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle in OBP (.342) this season, fueled by 123 hits.
- Crawford ranks 80th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 125th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Crawford heads into this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a triple, four walks and an RBI.
- Carlos Santana has collected 78 base hits, an OBP of .312 and a slugging percentage of .382 this season.
- Adam Frazier has three home runs, 39 RBI and a batting average of .235 this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 128 home runs as a team.
- The Royals rank 14th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Royals have an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Royals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking eighth with an average of 8.0 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 80 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .396 in 80 home games this season.
- In 80 home games this season, they have a batting average of .257 while averaging 8.5 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has 141 hits with a .440 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Royals.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Witt Jr. is 71st in batting average, 120th in on-base percentage and 57th in slugging percentage.
- Witt Jr. hopes to build on an eight-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .333 with four doubles and six RBI.
- Salvador Perez is batting .255 with 22 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 16 walks.
- MJ Melendez has racked up a team-best .314 on-base percentage.
- Hunter Dozier has 25 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 33 walks while hitting .235.
Mariners vs. Royals Probable Pitchers