Table of Contents
Wander Franco takes a 12-game hitting streak into the Tampa Bay Rays’ (84-69) matchup against the Cleveland Guardians (86-67). The Guardians are the moneyline favorite (-145) in this contest with the Rays (+125), which starts at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday at Progressive Field. Both teams have not yet named a projected starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Rays
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit the second-fewest home runs in baseball this season (122).
- The Guardians’ .252 batting average is ninth-best in MLB.
- The Guardians’ .315 on-base percentage is 14th in the league.
- The Guardians strike out 6.8 times per game, the least Ks in baseball.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per home game this season (45 total at home).
- The Guardians have a .364 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .249.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 155 hits, batting .273 this season with 74 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters, Ramirez is 38th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 22 doubles, seven triples, six home runs and 60 walks while hitting .298.
- Among qualified batters, Kwan’s batting average ranks him 14th, his on-base percentage 13th, and his slugging percentage 92nd.
- Amed Rosario has hit 11 homers with a team-high .407 SLG this season.
- Andres Gimenez leads Cleveland in OBP (.375) this season, fueled by 141 hits.
- Gimenez enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .353 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays have hit 133 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- The Rays rank 15th in MLB with a .242 team batting average.
- The Rays have an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 19th in the league.
- The Rays rank 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.6 whiffs per contest.
- In 72 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 62 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They are slugging .375 in 72 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .243 with 8.5 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Randy Arozarena has racked up a slugging percentage of .461 and has 152 hits, both team-high figures for the Rays.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Arozarena’s batting average is 38th, his on-base percentage ranks 55th, and he is 39th in slugging.
- Arozarena enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .500 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and nine RBI.
- Yandy Diaz’s .399 on-base percentage leads his team.
- Diaz’s batting average is 17th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is sixth, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Harold Ramirez has 22 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks while hitting .313.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .219 with 16 doubles, 20 home runs and 39 walks.