Table of Contents
At 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, the Baylor Bears (3-1) are at home against the Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-0).
The Cowboys are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2.5), against the Bears (with an over/under of 56 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Baylor vs. Oklahoma State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Waco, Texas
- Stadium: McLane Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Baylor Betting Insights
- Oklahoma State is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Oklahoma State hase hit the over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
Baylor Stats & Insights
- Baylor is putting up 431.0 yards per game on offense, which ranks 59th in the FBS. On defense, the Bears rank 31st, giving up 305.3 yards per contest.
- On defense, Baylor has been a top-25 unit, ranking 25th-best by giving up just 16.8 points per game. The offense ranks 28th (40.5 points per game).
- Baylor ranks 87th in pass offense (224.3 passing yards per game) and 72nd in pass defense (225.8 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Defensively, Baylor has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 16th-best by giving up only 79.5 per game. The Bears rank 29th on offense (206.8 rushing yards per game).
- Baylor ranks 35th in third-down efficiency (47.2%) on offense and 49th in third-down percentage allowed (33.3%) on defense this season.
- Baylor has forced four total turnovers (84th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over three times (25th in the FBS) for +1a turnover margin of +1, 45th-ranked in college football.
Baylor’s Best Players
- Blake Shapen has thrown for 773 yards (193.3 ypg) to lead Baylor, completing 69% of his passes and recording seven touchdown passes compared to one interception this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Richard Reese, has carried the ball 55 times for 315 yards (78.8 per game), scoring six times.
- Craig Williams has carried the ball 38 times for 173 yards (43.3 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Gavin Holmes’ leads his squad with 157 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on seven catches (out of 10 targets) and scored two touchdowns.
- Hal Presley has caught nine passes for 143 yards (35.8 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Ben Sims has been the target of 17 passes and racked up 14 grabs for 106 yards, an average of 26.5 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Bryson Jackson leads the team with 2.0 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL and six tackles.
- AJ McCarty is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s picked up 12 tackles.
- Christian Morgan has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has three tackles and one pass defended to his name.
Oklahoma State Betting Insights
- Oklahoma State is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- In Oklahoma State’s three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
Oklahoma State Stats & Insights
- Oklahoma State’s offense has been consistently moving the chains, piling up 511.3 total yards per contest (ninth-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 75th by surrendering 376.7 total yards per game.
- Oklahoma State’s offensive attack has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks best in the FBS with 51.7 points per contest. In terms of defense, it is allowing 22.7 points per game, which ranks 58th.
- Oklahoma State’s pass defense ranks 102nd in the FBS with 265.3 passing yards surrendered per game, but it has been carried by its offense, which ranks 12th-best by piling up 348.0 passing yards per contest.
- From an offensive angle, Oklahoma State is putting up 163.3 rushing yards per contest (68th-ranked). It ranks 44th in the FBS on defense (111.3 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Oklahoma State ranks 70th in the FBS with a 39.5% third-down conversion rate, but it has been carried by its defense, which ranks seventh-best by allowing a 23.4% third-down rate.
- After forcing two turnovers (117th in the FBS) and turning the ball over three times (25th in the FBS) this season, Oklahoma State owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin of -1.
Oklahoma State’s Best Players
- Spencer Sanders has thrown for 916 yards (305.3 ypg) to lead Oklahoma State, completing 65.3% of his passes and tossing 10 touchdown passes and one interception this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 110 yards (36.7 ypg) on 27 carries with three touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Dominic Richardson, has carried the ball 43 times for 215 yards (71.7 per game) with two touchdowns. He’s also caught eight passes for 91 yards.
- Braydon Johnson has collected 14 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 300 (100.0 yards per game). He’s been targeted 26 times and has three touchdowns.
- Brennan Presley has caught 12 passes and compiled 166 receiving yards (55.3 per game) with one touchdown.
- John Paul Richardson’s 13 targets have resulted in nine grabs for 141 yards and two touchdowns.
- Ben Kopenski has racked up 2.0 sacks to pace the team, while also recording 2.0 TFL.
- Mason Cobb, Oklahoma State’s top tackler, has 24 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Kendal Daniels has a team-leading one interception to go along with 15 tackles and one pass defended.