Table of Contents
The Fresno State Bulldogs (1-2) play on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET against the UConn Huskies (1-3) at Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field.
The Huskies are expected to lose by at least two TDs (currently +24) against the Bulldogs (with an over/under of 52.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Fresno State vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Fresno State Betting Insights
- UConn’s ATS record is 3-2-0 this season.
- UConn is a 2-1 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 24 points or more this season.
- UConn hase gone over in two of five games with a set total (40%).
Fresno State Stats & Insights
- Offensively, Fresno State has been a top-25 unit, ranking 24th-best in the FBS by averaging 487.3 yards per game. The defense ranks 95th (410.3 yards allowed per game).
- Fresno State ranks 86th in scoring offense (28.0 points per game) and 86th in scoring defense (29.0 points allowed per game) this season.
- Offensively, Fresno State has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 14th-best in the FBS by totaling 331.3 per game. The Bulldogs rank 81st on defense (238.0 passing yards allowed per game).
- Fresno State ranks 76th in run offense (156.0 rushing yards per game) and 102nd in run defense (172.3 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Fresno State is averaging a 41.2% third-down percentage on offense this season (61st in the FBS), and is allowing a 33.3% third-down percentage (49th) on the other side of the ball.
- Fresno State owns the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football at -2, forcing zero turnovers (100th in the FBS) while turning it over two times (12th in the FBS).
Fresno State’s Best Players
- Jake Haener has 854 pass yards for Fresno State, completing 71.4% of his passes and recording four touchdowns and one interception this season.
- Jordan Mims has 309 rushing yards on 51 carries with four touchdowns. He’s also added seven catches for 52 yards (17.3 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- Malik Sherrod has collected 124 yards on 18 attempts, scoring one time.
- Jalen Cropper’s team-leading 208 yards as a receiver have come on 23 receptions (out of 26 targets).
- Nikko Remigio has caught 16 passes for 206 yards (68.7 yards per game) this year.
- Erik Brooks has been the target of 19 passes and compiled 13 receptions for 162 yards, an average of 54.0 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- David Perales has racked up 2.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 2.0 TFL and five tackles.
- Levelle Bailey is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s amassed 12 tackles.
- Josh Kelly leads the team with zero interceptions, while also recording 12 tackles.
UConn Betting Insights
- So far this year, UConn has compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread.
- UConn is 2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 24 points or more this year.
- Two of UConn’s five games with a set total have hit the over (40%).
UConn Stats & Insights
- UConn has lots of room to improve, as it ranks eighth-worst in total yards per game (280.5) and 25th-worst in total yards surrendered per game (428.5).
- UConn has lots of room to get better, as it ranks 11th-worst in points per game (15.5) this season and 21st-worst in points allowed per game (35.3).
- UConn’s passing game has not been getting things done, ranking fourth-worst in the FBS with 105.0 passing yards per game. It has been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering 256.8 passing yards per contest (93rd-ranked).
- In terms of rushing, UConn ranks 57th in the FBS on offense (175.5 rushing yards per game) and 101st defensively (171.8 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- UConn has been struggling on third down, ranking 15th-worst with a 47.1% third-down conversion percentage allowed per game. It has been more productive offensively, generating a 43.3% third-down rate (51st-ranked).
- UConn has a -6 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Zion Turner has compiled 429 yards on 55.1% passing while collecting four touchdown passes with three interceptions this season. He’s also run for 70 yards .
- Nathan Carter has carried the ball 65 times for 405 yards, with one touchdown.
- DeVontae Houston has 52 receiving yards (10.4 per game) on eight catches while collecting 110 rushing yards on 17 carries with one touchdown.
- Aaron Turner leads his squad with 169 receiving yards on 15 catches with one touchdown.
- Kevens Clercius has caught seven passes and compiled 60 receiving yards (12.0 per game).
- Eric Watts has collected 2.5 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 11 tackles.
- Jackson Mitchell is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s amassed 33 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Brandon Bouyer-Randle leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 22 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.