Table of Contents
The Carolina Panthers (1-2) and the Arizona Cardinals (1-2) meet at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
The Cardinals are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+1.5), against the Panthers (with an over/under of 44 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Carolina Panthers vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers are 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Panthers have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 1.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- The Panthers have combined with their opponent to go over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- While the Panthers rank 18th in total defense with 348.7 yards allowed per game, they’ve been a little worse on offense, ranking third-worst (276.3 yards per game).
- The Panthers are compiling 20.7 points per game on offense (13th in NFL), and they rank 13th on the other side of the ball with 19.7 points allowed per game.
- The Panthers have been a bottom-five pass offense this season, ranking third-worst with 161.3 passing yards per contest. On defense, they are ranked 13th in the NFL (214 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Panthers rank 13th in run offense (115 rushing yards per game) and 24th in run defense (134.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Panthers rank third-worst in third-down percentage (27%), but they’ve been better on defense, ranking 18th with a 38.8% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- The Panthers are averaging 5.5 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 18th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 10th, surrendering 5.2 yards per play.
- With three forced turnovers (18th in NFL) against three turnovers committed (ninth in NFL), the Panthers (0) have the 14th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
Panthers’ Best Players
- Baker Mayfield: 550 PASS YDS / 183.3 YPG / 51.9% / 3 TD / 1 INT / 12 CAR / 40 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Christian McCaffrey: 50 CAR / 243 YDS / 81 YPG / 1 TD / 10 REC / 57 YDS / 19 YPG / 0 TD
- Robby Anderson: 9 REC / 148 YDS / 49.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Laviska Shenault Jr.: 2 REC / 90 YDS / 30 YPG / 1 TD
- D.J. Moore: 7 REC / 88 YDS / 29.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Brian Burns: 12 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK
- Xavier Woods: 24 TKL / 1 PD
- Jaycee Horn: 10 TKL / 1 INT / 3 PD
Betting Insights for Cardinals
- The Cardinals are 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cardinals have a 1-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- The Cardinals have gone over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Cardinals
- In terms of total offense, the Cardinals rank 15th in the NFL (353.3 total yards per game) and 23rd defensively (383.7 total yards allowed per game).
- The Cardinals’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, conceding 29 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 13th with 20.7 points per contest.
- The Cardinals have been struggling against the pass, ranking third-worst with 281 passing yards allowed per game. They have been more productive on offense, regstering 248 passing yards per contest (12th-ranked).
- With 105.3 rushing yards per game on offense, the Cardinals rank 16th in the NFL. On defense they rank 11th, surrendering 102.7 rushing yards per game.
- The Cardinals have been outplayed on both offense and defense on third down this season, ranking fourth-worst in third-down conversion rate (27.9%) and worst in third-down rate allowed (51.9%).
- The Cardinals’ defense has been bottom-five this season in terms of yards per play, ceding 6.8, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 27th at 5 yards per play.
- After forcing three turnovers (18th in NFL) and turning the ball over one time (first in NFL) this season, the Cardinals own the sixth-ranked turnover margin of +2.
Best Players for Cardinals
- Kyler Murray: 784 PASS YDS / 261.3 YPG / 63.8% / 3 TD / 1 INT / 12 CAR / 65 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- James Conner: 30 CAR / 90 YDS / 30 YPG / 1 TD / 10 REC / 73 YDS / 24.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Eno Benjamin: 17 CAR / 75 YDS / 25 YPG / 0 TD / 8 REC / 60 YDS / 20 YPG / 0 TD
- Marquise Brown: 24 REC / 251 YDS / 83.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Greg Dortch: 20 REC / 198 YDS / 66 YPG / 1 TD
- Zach Ertz: 16 REC / 134 YDS / 44.7 YPG / 1 TD
- J.J. Watt: 3 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 PD
- Budda Baker: 27 TKL
- Trace McSorley: 0 TKL