Table of Contents
A pair of division leaders — the AFC West-leading Kansas City Chiefs (2-1) and the NFC South-leading Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) square off October 2, 2022 at Raymond James Stadium.
The Chiefs are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), against the Buccaneers. The over/under for this matchup is 45 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Kansas City Chiefs vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs are 1-2 against the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more this season.
- In the Chiefs’ three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs are putting up 374 yards per game offensively this year (seventh in NFL), and they are surrendering 314 yards per game (10th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Chiefs own the 17th-ranked defense this year (21.7 points allowed per game), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking fourth-best with 29.3 points per game.
- The Chiefs are totaling 281 passing yards per game on offense this season (sixth in NFL), and they are allowing 227.3 passing yards per game (15th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Chiefs are putting up 93 rushing yards per game offensively this year (21st in NFL), and they are surrendering 86.7 rushing yards per game (ninth) on the other side of the ball.
- The Chiefs rank 12th in third-down efficiency (40%) on offense and 10th in third-down conversion rate allowed (32.6%) on defense this season.
- The Chiefs have been surging on both offense and defense in terms of yards per play, ranking fifth-best in yards per play on offense (6.3) and fifth-best in yards per play allowed on defense (5).
- With two forced turnovers (28th in NFL) against three turnovers committed (ninth in NFL), the Chiefs’ -1 turnover margin ranks 19th in the league.
Chiefs’ Best Players
- Patrick Mahomes II: 857 PASS YDS / 285.7 YPG / 67.9% / 8 TD / 1 INT
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: 22 CAR / 116 YDS / 38.7 YPG / 1 TD / 12 REC / 115 YDS / 38.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Isaih Pacheco: 17 CAR / 77 YDS / 25.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Travis Kelce: 17 REC / 230 YDS / 76.7 YPG / 2 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 14 REC / 178 YDS / 59.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Jones: 6 TKL / 4 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 PD
- Nick Bolton: 29 TKL / 2 TFL / 2 SACK
- Jaylen Watson: 10 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 3 PD
Betting Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers have covered the spread twice in three opportunities this year.
- The Buccaneers’ three games with a set total this season have all gone under the over/under.
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers’ defensive unit has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 289 total yards surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 297.3 total yards per game, which ranks 26th.
- The Buccaneers’ defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 9 points surrendered per game. In terms of offense, they are putting up 17 points per game, which ranks 22nd.
- The Buccaneers rank 22nd in the NFL with 211.3 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 12th with 209.7 passing yards given up per contest on defense.
- The Buccaneers have been thriving on run defense, giving up only 79.3 rushing yards per contest (fifth-best). Offensively, they rank 25th in the NFL by putting up 86 rushing yards per game.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, the Buccaneers rank 27th in the NFL (28.6% third-down conversion percentage) and sixth on the other side of the ball (30.2% third-down rate allowed).
- In terms of yards per play, the Buccaneers’ defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 4.9 yards allowed per play. In terms of offense, they are compiling 5 yards per play, which ranks 27th.
- The Buccaneers sport a top-five turnover margin this season, ranking third-best at +4.
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Tom Brady: 673 PASS YDS / 224.3 YPG / 65% / 3 TD / 1 INT
- Leonard Fournette: 57 CAR / 227 YDS / 75.7 YPG / 0 TD / 9 REC / 54 YDS / 18 YPG / 0 TD
- Julio Jones: 2 CAR / 17 YDS / 5.7 YPG / 0 TD / 3 REC / 69 YDS / 23 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Evans: 8 REC / 132 YDS / 44 YPG / 1 TD
- Russell Gage: 19 REC / 128 YDS / 42.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Breshad Perriman: 6 REC / 89 YDS / 29.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Devin White: 24 TKL / 3 TFL / 3 SACK / 2 PD
- Jamel Dean: 15 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 3 PD