Table of Contents
The Seattle Seahawks (1-2) visit the Detroit Lions (1-2) at Ford Field on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
The Lions are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-6), against the Seahawks. The over/under for this game is 50 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Detroit Lions vs. Seattle Seahawks
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Lions
- So far this season, the Lions have posted a 3-0-0 record against the spread.
- Out of the Lions’ three games with a set total, all have hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Lions
- The Lions have the third-best offense this season in terms of total yards (409 yards per game), but they rank fifth-worst on the defensive side of the ball (408 yards allowed per game).
- The Lions sport the second-best offense this season in terms of points scored (31.7 points per game), but they rank worst on defense (31 points allowed per game).
- The Lions are totaling 238.7 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 25th, giving up 265.7 passing yards per game.
- The Lions rank 27th in run defense this season (142.3 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with 170.3 rushing yards per game.
- The Lions are putting up a 37.2% third-down percentage offensively this season (15th in NFL), and they are giving up a 46.3% third-down conversion rate (24th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Lions are putting up 6.2 yards per play on offense, which ranks them seventh in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 23rd, surrendering 6 yards per play.
- The Lions have forced two total turnovers (28th in NFL) this season and have turned it over two times (fifth in NFL) for a turnover margin of an even, 14th-ranked in the NFL.
Lions’ Best Players
- Jared Goff: 748 PASS YDS / 249.3 YPG / 58.9% / 7 TD / 2 INT
- D’Andre Swift: 27 CAR / 231 YDS / 77 YPG / 1 TD / 8 REC / 77 YDS / 25.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Jamaal Williams: 43 CAR / 168 YDS / 56 YPG / 4 TD / 4 REC / 29 YDS / 9.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 23 REC / 253 YDS / 84.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Josh Reynolds: 10 REC / 162 YDS / 54 YPG / 1 TD
- D.J. Chark: 7 REC / 98 YDS / 32.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Aidan Hutchinson: 7 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK
- Alex Anzalone: 25 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK
- Will Harris: 9 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 1 PD
Betting Insights for Seahawks
- The Seahawks are 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- The Seahawks have a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 6 points or more this season.
- The Seahawks have gone over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Seahawks
- In terms of total offense, the Seahawks rank 27th in the NFL (296.3 total yards per game) and 25th defensively (397.3 total yards allowed per contest).
- The Seahawks rank fifth-worst in points per game (15.7), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 20th in the NFL with 23.3 points ceded per contest.
- In terms of passing, the Seahawks rank 21st in the NFL (221.7 passing yards per game) and 19th defensively (240.3 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Seahawks have struggled on both sides of the ball in terms of rushing this season, ranking fourth-worst in rushing yards (74.7 per game) and third-worst in rushing yards allowed (157 per game).
- On defense, the Seahawks are a bottom-five unit on third down, allowing a 48.6% third-down conversion percentage (fourth-worst). On the bright side, they are thriving on the other side of the ball, generating a 48.6% third-down rate (third-best).
- The Seahawks rank 12th in the NFL with 5.7 yards per play on offense, and they rank 27th with 6.5 yards given up per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- At -1, the Seahawks have the 19th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with four forced turnovers (12th in NFL) and five turnovers committed (19th in NFL).
Best Players for Seahawks
- Geno Smith: 717 PASS YDS / 239 YPG / 77.5% / 4 TD / 2 INT
- Rashaad Penny: 32 CAR / 141 YDS / 47 YPG / 0 TD / 3 REC / 10 YDS / 3.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Kenneth Walker III: 7 CAR / 29 YDS / 9.7 YPG / 0 TD / 5 REC / 19 YDS / 6.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Tyler Lockett: 21 REC / 211 YDS / 70.3 YPG / 0 TD
- D.K. Metcalf: 16 REC / 135 YDS / 45 YPG / 1 TD
- Colby Parkinson: 4 REC / 87 YDS / 29 YPG / 1 TD
- Darrell Taylor: 6 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK
- Jordyn Brooks: 32 TKL
- Tariq Woolen: 8 TKL / 1 INT / 2 PD