Table of Contents
The New York Jets (1-2) visit the Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) at Acrisure Stadium on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
The Steelers are the favorites (-3.5) in their game versus the Jets, with the over/under at 41.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Steelers are -183 and the Jets are +153.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Jets
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Acrisure Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Steelers
- The Steelers have covered the spread once in three opportunities this season.
- The Steelers have combined with their opponent to go over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Steelers
- While the Steelers rank 24th in total defense with 394.7 yards allowed per game, they’ve been a little worse on offense, ranking second-worst (272.7 yards per game).
- Offensively, the Steelers rank 19th in the NFL with 18 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 18th in points allowed (394.7 points allowed per contest).
- The Steelers have been a bottom-five pass offense this season, ranking fifth-worst with 182.7 passing yards per game. On defense, they are ranked 22nd in the NFL (252 passing yards allowed per game).
- With 142.7 rushing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Steelers have had to lean on their 22nd-ranked running game (90 rushing yards per contest) to keep them competitive.
- The Steelers are posting a 33.3% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 24th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 25th, allowing a 46.9% third-down conversion rate.
- The Steelers have been a bottom-five offense in terms of yards per play this season, ranking worst with 4.8 yards per play. On defense, they rank 12th in the NFL (5.4 yards per play allowed).
- With six forced turnovers (sixth in NFL) against three turnovers committed (ninth in NFL), the Steelers’ +3 turnover margin is the fifth-best in the league.
Steelers’ Best Players
- Mitchell Trubisky: 569 PASS YDS / 189.7 YPG / 60.2% / 2 TD / 1 INT
- Najee Harris: 40 CAR / 128 YDS / 42.7 YPG / 1 TD / 10 REC / 48 YDS / 16 YPG / 1 TD
- Jaylen Warren: 11 CAR / 52 YDS / 17.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Diontae Johnson: 21 REC / 196 YDS / 65.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Pat Freiermuth: 11 REC / 138 YDS / 46 YPG / 1 TD
- Chase Claypool: 11 REC / 79 YDS / 26.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Alex Highsmith: 20 TKL / 5 TFL / 4.5 SACK
- Myles Jack: 35 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 PD
- Minkah Fitzpatrick: 24 TKL / 2 INT / 2 PD
Betting Insights for Jets
- The Jets are 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, the Jets are 1-2 against the spread.
- Out of Jets three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Jets
- The Jets rank ninth with 370 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 16th with 336.3 total yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive angle, the Jets are accumulating 17.3 points per game (20th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL defensively (27 points surrendered per game).
- The Jets’ pass defense ranks 16th in the NFL with 231 passing yards surrendered per game, but they’ve been lifted up by their offense, which ranks fifth-best by posting 286 passing yards per game.
- From an offensive angle, the Jets are accumulating 84 rushing yards per contest (26th-ranked). They rank 14th in the NFL defensively (105.3 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Jets’ defense has been bottom-five on third down this season, allowing a 51.3% third-down conversion rate, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 19th with a 51.3% third-down rate.
- The Jets are accumulating 5.3 yards per play on offense this season (24th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 5.6 yards per play (14th-ranked) on defense.
- The Jets have forced three turnovers this season and have turned the ball over seven times, resulting in a -4 turnover margin that is fourth-worst in the NFL.
Best Players for Jets
- Joe Flacco: 901 PASS YDS / 300.3 YPG / 58.7% / 5 TD / 3 INT
- Michael Carter: 28 CAR / 122 YDS / 40.7 YPG / 0 TD / 13 REC / 74 YDS / 24.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Breece Hall: 21 CAR / 112 YDS / 37.3 YPG / 0 TD / 13 REC / 101 YDS / 33.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 18 REC / 214 YDS / 71.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Corey Davis: 10 REC / 187 YDS / 62.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 18 REC / 140 YDS / 46.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Quinnen Williams: 8 TKL / 1 TFL / 1.5 SACK / 1 PD
- C.J. Mosley: 30 TKL / 1 TFL
- Ashtyn Davis: 0 TKL / 1 INT / 1 PD