Table of Contents
The UMass Minutemen (1-3) will visit the Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-2) on Saturday at 2:00 PM ET.
The Eagles are very big favorites (currently -20) in their game versus the Minutemen, with the over/under being 53.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Eagles are -1285 and the Minutemen are +733.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Eastern Michigan vs. UMass
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Stadium: Rynearson Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Eastern Michigan Betting Insights
- UMass has covered the spread once in four games this season.
- UMass has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 20 points or more this year (0-2).
- UMass has gone over in one of four games with a set total (25%).
Eastern Michigan Stats & Insights
- With 449.8 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 15th-worst in the FBS, Eastern Michigan has had to lean on its 82nd-ranked offense (389.0 yards per contest) to keep them competitive.
- With 38.5 points allowed per game on defense, which ranks 13th-worst in the FBS, Eastern Michigan has been forced to lean on their 73rd-ranked offense (31.0 points per contest) to keep them in games.
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 pass defense that ranks 14th-worst in the FBS (285.8 passing yards allowed per game), Eastern Michigan has played better on the other side of the ball, ranking 80th in the FBS by averaging 234.3 passing yards per game.
- On offense, Eastern Michigan ranks 78th in the FBS with 154.8 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 94th in rushing yards allowed per contest (164.0).
- Eastern Michigan has struggled defensively in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking eighth-worst in the FBS (50.9% third-down conversion rate) this season. With the ball, however, the Eagles ranks 10th-best, putting up a 53.8% third-down conversion rate.
- With three forced turnovers (108th in the FBS) against nine turnovers committed (120th in the FBS), Eastern Michigan’s -6-6 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
Eastern Michigan’s Best Players
- Taylor Powell has 684 pass yards for Eastern Michigan, completing 66.3% of his passes and tossing four touchdowns and five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Samson Evans, has carried the ball 76 times for 419 yards (104.8 per game), scoring three times.
- Austin Smith has been handed the ball 21 times this year and racked up 133 yards (33.3 per game) with one touchdown.
- Tanner Knue’s leads his squad with 296 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 19 catches (out of 26 targets) and scored four touchdowns.
- Hassan Beydoun has put together a 148-yard season so far with two touchdowns, hauling in 13 passes on 21 targets.
- Darius Lassiter’s 14 grabs are good enough for 133 yards.
- T.J. Peavy has collected 1.0 sack to pace the team, while also picking up 2.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Eastern Michigan’s tackle leader, Chase Kline, has 24 tackles this year.
- Blake Bogan has a team-high one interception to go along with one pass defended.
UMass Betting Insights
- UMass is 1-3-0 against the spread this year.
- UMass is 0-2 against the spread when an underdog by 20 points or greater this season.
- UMass has hit the over in one of four games with a set total (25%).
UMass Stats & Insights
- UMass’ offense has been bottom-25 in total offense this season, registering 248.3 total yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 62nd with 356.5 total yards allowed per contest.
- UMass has been sputtering offensively, ranking third-worst in the FBS with 10.0 points per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, giving up 32.0 points per contest (101st-ranked).
- UMass’ passing offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 62.5 passing yards per game, which ranks worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 36th with 190.5 passing yards ceded per contest.
- UMass ranks 50th in the FBS with 185.8 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 96th with 166.0 rushing yards ceded per game on defense.
- UMass’ offense has been struggling on third down, ranking 21st-worst in the FBS with a 32.4% third-down conversion rate. It has been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering a 29.5% third-down rate (30th-ranked).
- UMass has registered seven forced turnovers (27th in the FBS) and committed seven turnovers (91st in the FBS) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
UMass’ Best Players
- Ellis Merriweather has racked up 219 yards on 56 carries.
- Cam Sullivan-Brown has racked up 109 receiving yards on 10 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- George Johnson has recorded 78 receiving yards (19.5 yards per game) on nine receptions.
- Rico Arnold’s four receptions (on 10 targets) have netted him 34 yards (8.5 ypg).
- Marcus Bradley leads the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has 1.0 TFL and six tackles.
- Jalen Mackie is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s amassed 14 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks.
- Jordan Mahoney has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with two passes defended.