Table of Contents
Oneil Cruz leads the Pittsburgh Pirates (56-97) into a contest with the Cincinnati Reds (60-93) a game after he racked up four hits in an 8-3 win over the Reds. The Pirates are favored on the moneyline (-115) against the Reds (-105) in this outing, which starts at 6:35 PM ET on Tuesday. Mitch Keller takes the mound first for Pittsburgh, and Hunter Greene is Cincinnati’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pirates vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 17th in baseball with 155 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Pirates have the second-worst batting average in the majors (.220).
- The Pirates are 28th in the league with an on-base percentage of .287.
- Pirates batters strike out 9.4 times per game, the 29th-most in baseball.
- The Pirates have hit 73 homers at home this season (one per game).
- The Pirates are slugging .368 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .226 with 556 hits (7.3 per game) at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in OBP (.345), slugging percentage (.465) and total hits (137) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Reynolds ranks 52nd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 38th, and he is 35th in slugging.
- Reynolds will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 24 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 46 walks while batting .247.
- Hayes’ batting average is 85th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 84th, and his slugging percentage 123rd.
- Hayes takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Ben Gamel has 83 hits this season and has a slash line of .233/.323/.365.
- Gamel brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with three walks.
- Cruz has been key for Pittsburgh with 68 hits, an OBP of .281 plus a slugging percentage of .454.
- Cruz brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with two walks.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds’ 150 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds’ .238 batting average ranks 20th in the league this season.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Reds rank 24th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 64 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 76 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .353 in 76 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has accumulated 125 hits with a .311 on-base percentage and a .382 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Reds.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Farmer ranks 78th in batting average, 98th in on-base percentage and 111th in slugging percentage.
- Jonathan India is batting .249 with 15 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 29 walks.
- TJ Friedl is hitting .249 with 10 doubles, five triples, eight home runs and 18 walks.
- Jake Fraley is hitting .249 with nine doubles, 10 home runs and 23 walks.
Pirates vs. Reds Probable Pitchers