Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (85-69) will look to Wander Franco, who is currently on a 13-game hitting streak, when they square off against the Cleveland Guardians (86-68). The Guardians are the moneyline favorite (-124) in this contest with the Rays (+104), which starts at 6:10 PM ET on Wednesday at Progressive Field. Triston McKenzie starts for Cleveland while Tampa Bay will counter with Tyler Glasnow.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Rays
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 122 home runs this season, the second-lowest total in baseball.
- The Guardians have the seventh-best batting average in the majors (.253).
- The Guardians’ .315 on-base percentage is 14th in baseball.
- The Guardians strike out 6.8 times per game, the fewest Ks in baseball.
- The Guardians have hit 45 home runs at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Guardians are slugging .364 with 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (158) this season while batting .276 with 75 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks 30th, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 161 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .376.
- Kwan’s batting average ranks 13th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 10th, and his slugging percentage 94th.
- Kwan has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .364 with a triple, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Amed Rosario has an OPS of .718, fueled by an OBP of .312 and a team-best slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .303 with a .375 OBP and 68 RBI for Cleveland this season.
- Gimenez has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .353 with two doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays’ 134 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- The Rays rank 15th in MLB with a .242 team batting average.
- The Rays have the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.310).
- The Rays rank 19th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 73 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .374 in 73 road games this season.
- In 73 road games this season, they have a batting average of .242 while averaging 8.5 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Randy Arozarena has accumulated 152 hits with a .457 slugging percentage, both team-high numbers for the Rays.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Arozarena’s batting average puts him 44th, his on-base percentage ranks 58th, and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Yandy Diaz paces his team with a .398 OBP.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Diaz ranks 18th in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and 75th in slugging percentage.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .314 with 24 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .215 with 16 doubles, 20 home runs and 39 walks.
Guardians vs. Rays Probable Pitchers