Table of Contents
The Dallas Cowboys (2-1) host a NFC East clash against the Washington Commanders (1-2) on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at AT&T Stadium.
The Commanders are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3.5), versus the Cowboys (with an over/under of 42.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Commanders
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Out of the Cowboys’ three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- From an offensive standpoint, the Cowboys rank 23rd in the NFL with 324 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank ninth in total defense (312.3 yards allowed per contest).
- The Cowboys have been a bottom-five scoring offense this season, ranking third-worst with 15.3 points per contest. Defensively, they are ranked eighth in the NFL (17.3 points allowed per game).
- The Cowboys sport the 24th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (206 passing yards per game), and they’ve been better on defense, ranking fourth-best with only 176.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Cowboys rank 11th in the NFL with 118 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 23rd in rushing yards allowed per contest (136).
- Offensively, the Cowboys rank 27th in the NFL with a 28.9% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in third-down percentage allowed (33.3%).
- The Cowboys are averaging 5.4 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank ninth, giving up 5.2 yards per play.
- With two forced turnovers (28th in NFL) against two turnovers committed (fifth in NFL), the Cowboys (0) have the 13th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
Cowboys’ Best Players
- Cooper Rush: 514 PASS YDS / 171.3 YPG / 62.7% / 2 TD / 0 INT
- Ezekiel Elliott: 40 CAR / 178 YDS / 59.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Tony Pollard: 28 CAR / 156 YDS / 52 YPG / 1 TD / 6 REC / 69 YDS / 23 YPG / 0 TD
- Noah Brown: 15 REC / 213 YDS / 71 YPG / 1 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 17 REC / 191 YDS / 63.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 9 REC / 80 YDS / 26.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Micah Parsons: 10 TKL / 4 TFL / 4 SACK
- Donovan Wilson: 24 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
- Trevon Diggs: 10 TKL / 1 INT / 6 PD
Betting Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders have covered the spread once in three opportunities this year.
- The Commanders have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 3.5 points or more this season (0-1).
- Two of the Commanders’ three games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders rank 19th with 342 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 27th with 402.7 total yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Commanders rank 12th in points per game (21), but they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 27.3 points allowed per contest.
- The Commanders’ defense has been bottom-five in pass defense this season, surrendering 274 passing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank ninth with 255.3 passing yards per contest.
- With 86.7 rushing yards per game on offense, the Commanders rank 24th in the NFL. On defense they rank 21st, allowing 128.7 rushing yards per contest.
- The Commanders’ third-down defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with a 30% third-down conversion percentage allowed. In terms of offense, they are compiling a 47.6% third-down rate, which ranks seventh.
- The Commanders’ defense has been struggling in terms of yards allowed per play, ranking fourth-worst at 6.6. They have been more productive on offense, regstering 5.2 yards per play (26th-ranked).
- The Commanders own a bottom-five turnover margin this season, fourth-worst at -4.
Best Players for Commanders
- Carson Wentz: 861 PASS YDS / 287 YPG / 63.1% / 7 TD / 3 INT / 11 CAR / 57 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 40 CAR / 124 YDS / 41.3 YPG / 2 TD / 10 REC / 87 YDS / 29 YPG / 0 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 12 REC / 235 YDS / 78.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 22 REC / 181 YDS / 60.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Jahan Dotson: 9 REC / 109 YDS / 36.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Jamin Davis: 13 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK
- Cole Holcomb: 24 TKL / 1 PD
- Darrick Forrest: 18 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 2 PD