Table of Contents
Two of the league’s best hitters go head-to-head when the Minnesota Twins (75-79) and the Chicago White Sox (76-78) meet at 7:40 PM ET on Wednesday at Target Field. Luis Arraez has a .312 batting average (fifth in MLB) for the favored Twins (-112), while Jose Abreu ranks ninth in MLB play batting .303 this season for the underdog White Sox (-107). Josh Winder starts for Minnesota, and Johnny Cueto is Chicago’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are 12th in baseball with 172 total home runs.
- The Twins have the 12th-ranked batting average in the majors (.248).
- The Twins rank 11th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The Twins strike out 8.3 times per game to rank 11th in baseball.
- The Twins average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (89 total in home contests).
- The Twins are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .414 in home contests.
- The team averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .255 at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez leads Minnesota with an OBP of .370, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .419.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Arraez is fifth in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 73rd in slugging.
- Arraez will look for his fifth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in total hits (143) this season while batting .289 with 45 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters, Correa is 22nd in batting average, 19th in on-base percentage and 36th in slugging percentage.
- Correa heads into this game looking to extend his eight-game hit streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .357 with three doubles, three walks and three RBI.
- Gio Urshela has 131 hits this season and has a slash line of .278/.329/.422.
- Urshela has logged a hit or more in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .412 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Jose Miranda has been key for Minnesota with 115 hits, an OBP of .327 plus a slugging percentage of .437.
- Miranda brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .381 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 22nd in Major League Baseball with 144 home runs.
- The White Sox rank third in MLB with a .258 team batting average.
- The White Sox have an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The White Sox rank seventh in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.8 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 76 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .396 in 76 road games this season.
- They are averaging 9.4 base hits per game and batting .264 on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Abreu has racked up a team-high OBP (.376) and slugging percentage (.442), and leads the White Sox in hits (176).
- Including all qualifying players in MLB, Abreu ranks ninth in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage and 56th in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Vaughn paces his team with 136 hits.
- Including all qualified players, Vaughn’s batting average puts him 32nd, his on-base percentage is 67th, and he is 56th in slugging.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .251 with 31 doubles, 14 home runs and 38 walks.
- A.J. Pollock is batting .247 with 25 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 30 walks.
Twins vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers