Table of Contents
Francisco Lindor brings a 12-game hitting streak into the New York Mets’ (97-58) matchup against the Miami Marlins (64-90). The Mets are moneyline favorites (-197) in this outing against the Marlins (+163), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday at Citi Field. Taijuan Walker starts for New York while Miami will counter with Jesus Luzardo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 16th in baseball with 160 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- The Mets have the third-best batting average in the league (.258).
- The Mets are second in baseball with a .332 on-base percentage.
- Mets hitters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Mets average 0.9 homers per home game this season (73 total at home).
- The Mets are slugging .392 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 156 hits, which is best among New York hitters this season, while batting .270 with 66 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Alonso ranks 42nd in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Alonso has recorded at least one hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a double, three home runs, two walks and 10 RBI.
- Lindor has an OPS of .802, fueled by an OBP of .346 and a team-best slugging percentage of .456 this season.
- Lindor’s batting average ranks 37th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 37th, and his slugging percentage 46th.
- Lindor brings a 12-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .372 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and nine RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 149 hits this season and has a slash line of .268/.362/.418.
- Nimmo brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with two walks and two RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has 162 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .375.
- McNeil has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .364 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 137 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Marlins’ .231 batting average ranks 24th in the league this season.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .295 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Marlins rank 22nd in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- In 76 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 70 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They are slugging .357 in 76 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .228 on the road this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has accumulated an on-base percentage of .281, a slugging percentage of .324, and has 108 hits, all club-bests for the Marlins.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Rojas’ batting average puts him 109th, his on-base percentage is 128th, and he is 132nd in slugging.
- Garrett Cooper’s .415 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Jon Berti is batting .236 with 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 38 walks.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .239 with 17 doubles, 11 home runs and 18 walks.
Mets vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers