Table of Contents
Jesse Winker will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when his Seattle Mariners (83-70) take on the Texas Rangers (66-87) on Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Mariners are favored (-163) over the Rangers (+140). Seattle’s George Kirby gets the start against Texas’ Martin Perez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 28, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank 10th in MLB action with 184 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Mariners rank 28th in the majors with a .228 batting average.
- The Mariners rank 16th in the league with an on-base percentage of .313.
- The Mariners strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 15 average in the league.
- The Mariners average 1.2 homers per game when playing at home this season (84 total in home outings).
- The Mariners are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .376 at home.
- The team is batting .219 with 505 hits (7.0 per game) at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France leads Seattle with a slugging percentage of .445, fueled by 47 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, France’s batting average ranks 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks 46th, and he is 53rd in slugging.
- France has recorded a base hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .429 with two doubles, a triple, two walks and four RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez is hitting .233 with 23 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 72 walks.
- Suarez’s batting average is 116th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 55th, and his slugging percentage 36th.
- J.P. Crawford leads Seattle in OBP (.343) this season, fueled by 124 hits.
- Carlos Santana is batting .195 with a .312 OBP and 57 RBI for Seattle this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 187 home runs.
- The Rangers rank 16th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Rangers have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.304).
- The Rangers rank 23rd with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 90 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 76 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .392 in away games this season with 210 extra-base hits.
- In 76 road games this season, they have a batting average of .240 while averaging 8.3 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien is batting .254 with 31 doubles, five triples, 24 home runs and 52 walks.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Semien ranks 73rd in batting average, 98th in on-base percentage and 61st in slugging percentage.
- Semien brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Corey Seager has 23 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks while batting .244.
- Including all qualifying players, Seager is 95th in batting average, 83rd in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .252 with 31 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 40 walks.
- Nate Lowe paces his team with 171 hits and a .358 OBP, with a team-best .492 slugging percentage.
Mariners vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers