Table of Contents
Nicky Lopez will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Kansas City Royals (63-91) square off against the Detroit Tigers (61-92) on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET. The Royals are underdogs (+114) versus the Tigers (-135). Eduardo Rodriguez takes the mound first for Detroit, and Jonathan Heasley is Kansas City’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit 100 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB play.
- The Tigers’ .230 batting average ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Tigers’ .286 on-base percentage is the second-worst in the league.
- The Tigers’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 22nd in the league.
- The Tigers have hit 46 homers at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Tigers are slugging .342 with 2.1 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club is batting .232 with 581 hits (7.5 per game) at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez leads Detroit with 127 hits and an OBP of .280, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .390.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Baez’s batting average ranks 103rd, his on-base percentage ranks 130th, and he is 106th in slugging.
- Harold Castro has 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 16 walks while batting .275.
- Castro enters this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .588 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has 86 hits this season and has a slash line of .209/.267/.358.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .203 with a .236 OBP and 38 RBI for Detroit this season.
- Schoop has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals have hit just 131 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Royals rank 14th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- The Royals have an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Royals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking eighth with an average of 7.9 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 74 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .363 in away games this season with 187 extra-base hits.
- In 74 road games this season, they have a batting average of .230 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has put up a team-best slugging percentage (.440) while leading the Royals in hits (144).
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, Witt Jr.’s batting average puts him 70th, his on-base percentage is 121st, and he is 57th in slugging.
- Witt Jr. brings a 10-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .364 with four doubles and eight RBI.
- Salvador Perez has 23 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 18 walks while batting .252.
- MJ Melendez has accumulated an on-base percentage of .316, a team-high for the Royals.
- Hunter Dozier has 26 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks while batting .240.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers