Table of Contents
Nicky Lopez is just one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Kansas City Royals (63-92) ready for a matchup against the Cleveland Guardians (88-68) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Royals are underdogs (+108) against the Guardians (-129). Cleveland’s Zach Plesac and Kansas City’s Brady Singer will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Royals
- Game Day: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 123 home runs this season, the second-lowest total in MLB play.
- The Guardians are ninth in the majors with a .252 batting average.
- The Guardians’ .315 on-base percentage is 14th in baseball.
- The Guardians strike out the least in baseball, averaging 6.9 per game.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per home game this season (46 total at home).
- The Guardians are slugging .361 with 2.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .249 with 620 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 158 hits, batting .272 this season with 75 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified batters, Ramirez ranks 40th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 31st, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan leads Cleveland with an OBP of .376 this season while batting .302 with 61 walks and 87 runs scored.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Kwan is 10th in batting average, 11th in on-base percentage and 90th in slugging percentage.
- Kwan brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .450 with a double, a home run, two walks and seven RBI.
- Amed Rosario has an OPS of .718, fueled by an OBP of .312 and a team-best slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Rosario brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .301 with a .373 OBP and 68 RBI for Cleveland this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals have hit just 131 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Royals’ .245 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- The Royals have an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Royals have shown patience at the plate this season with the eighth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 75 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 66 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They are slugging .363 in 75 road games this season.
- In 75 road games this season, they have a batting average of .231 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has a team-best slugging percentage (.438) and paces the Royals in hits (145).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Witt Jr. is 70th in batting average, 121st in on-base percentage and 60th in slugging percentage.
- Witt Jr. hopes to build on an 11-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .364 with four doubles, a walk and eight RBI.
- Salvador Perez has 23 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 18 walks while batting .249.
- MJ Melendez a has .318 on-base percentage to lead the Royals.
- Hunter Dozier has 26 doubles, four triples, 12 home runs and 34 walks while batting .241.
Guardians vs. Royals Probable Pitchers