Table of Contents
Brandon Marsh is only three hits away from his 100th of the season as his Philadelphia Phillies (83-72) ready for a matchup with the Washington Nationals (54-101) on Friday at 1:05 PM ET. The Phillies are favored (-174) over the Nationals (+148). Philadelphia’s Bailey Falter gets the start against Washington’s Erick Fedde.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Friday, September 30, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: MASN
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are sixth in MLB action with 195 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Phillies’ .253 batting average is seventh-best in MLB.
- The Phillies rank 12th in the league with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 12th in baseball.
- The Phillies average 1.2 home runs per road game this season (88 total on the road).
- The Phillies have a .400 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .247 with 635 hits (8.6 per game) on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (118) this season while batting .212 with 65 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified batters, Schwarber ranks 128th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 91st, and he is 20th in slugging.
- Rhys Hoskins has 142 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .339.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Hoskins ranks 78th in batting average, 48th in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging percentage.
- J.T. Realmuto has collected 131 base hits, an OBP of .337 and a slugging percentage of .469 this season.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a slugging percentage of .404, fueled by 38 extra-base hits.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 131 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Nationals’ .249 batting average ranks 11th in the league this season.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .311 this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Nationals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking third with an average of 7.5 strikeouts per game.
- In 77 games at home this season, they’ve hit 73 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They are slugging .377 in 77 home games this season.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .238 as a team at home this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas is leading the Nationals with 117 hits.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Thomas ranks 85th in batting average, 112th in on-base percentage and 78th in slugging percentage.
- Cesar Hernandez is slugging .315 to pace his team.
- Hernandez ranks 90th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 133rd in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Luke Voit has put up an on-base percentage of .316, a team-high for the Nationals.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .234 with 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 49 walks.
Phillies vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers