Table of Contents
The NFC South-leading Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) meet the AFC West-leading Kansas City Chiefs (2-1) at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, October 2, 2022.
The Buccaneers are slight favorites (-1) in their game versus the Chiefs, with the over/under being 45.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Buccaneers are -108 and the Chiefs are -112.)
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers are 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers have a 2-1 record against the spread when favored by 1 point or more this season.
- None of the Buccaneers’ three games with a set total this season have hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- Defensively, the Buccaneers have been a top-five unit, ranking fourth-best by allowing just 289.0 yards per game. They rank 27th on offense (297.3 yards per game).
- The Buccaneers own the 22nd-ranked offense this year (17.0 points per game), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking best with just 9.0 points allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Buccaneers rank 22nd in the NFL with 211.3 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 12th in passing yards allowed per contest (209.7).
- The Buccaneers own the 25th-ranked offense this season in terms of rushing yards (86.0 per game), and they’ve been more effective on defense, ranking fifth-best with just 79.3 rushing yards allowed per game.
- While the Buccaneers’ third-down defense ranks sixth with a 30.2% third-down percentage allowed per game, they’ve been less successful on offense, ranking fifth-worst with a 28.6% third-down percentage.
- The Buccaneers have struggled on offense, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 5.0 yards per play this season. However, they rank third-best on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering only 4.9 yards per play.
- The Buccaneers own the third-best turnover margin in the league at +4, forcing eight turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over four times (16th in NFL).
Buccaneers’ Best Players
- Tom Brady: 673 PASS YDS / 224.3 YPG / 65% / 3 TD / 1 INT
- Leonard Fournette: 57 CAR / 227 YDS / 75.7 YPG / 0 TD / 9 REC / 54 YDS / 18.0 YPG / 0 TD
- Julio Jones: 2 CAR / 17 YDS / 17.0 YPG / 0 TD / 3 REC / 69 YDS / 69.0 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Evans: 8 REC / 132 YDS / 66.0 YPG / 1 TD
- Russell Gage: 19 REC / 128 YDS / 42.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Breshad Perriman: 6 REC / 89 YDS / 29.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Devin White: 24 TKL / 3.0 TFL / 3.0 SACK / 2 PD
- Jamel Dean: 15 TKL / 1.0 TFL / 2 INT / 3 PD
Betting Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs are 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- One of the Chiefs’ three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Chiefs
- The Chiefs are compiling 374.0 total yards per contest on offense this season (seventh-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 314.0 total yards per contest (10th-ranked).
- The Chiefs’ offensive attack has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 29.3 points per contest. In terms of defense, they are surrendering 21.7 points per game, which ranks 17th.
- In terms of passing, the Chiefs rank sixth in the NFL (281.0 passing yards per game) and 15th on the other side of the ball (227.3 passing yards allowed per game).
- In terms of rushing, the Chiefs rank 22nd in the NFL on offense (93.0 rushing yards per game) and ninth on defense (86.7 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- From an offensive angle, the Chiefs are putting up a 40.0% third-down conversion percentage (12th-ranked). They rank 10th in the NFL on defense (32.6% third-down rate allowed).
- The Chiefs have been a top-five unit on both offense and defense this season, as they rank fifth-best in yards per play (6.3) and fifth-best in yards surrendered per play (5.0).
- With two forced turnovers (28th in NFL) and three turnovers committed (eighth in NFL) this season, the Chiefs rank 20th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -1.
Best Players for Chiefs
- Patrick Mahomes II: 857 PASS YDS / 285.7 YPG / 67.9% / 8 TD / 1 INT
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire: 22 CAR / 116 YDS / 38.7 YPG / 1 TD / 12 REC / 115 YDS / 38.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Isaih Pacheco: 17 CAR / 77 YDS / 25.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Travis Kelce: 17 REC / 230 YDS / 76.7 YPG / 2 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 14 REC / 178 YDS / 59.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Jones: 6 TKL / 4.0 TFL / 2.0 SACK / 2 PD
- Nick Bolton: 29 TKL / 2.0 TFL / 2.0 SACK
- Jaylen Watson: 10 TKL / 1.0 TFL / 1 INT / 3 PD