Table of Contents
Miguel Cabrera is just three hits away from his 100th of the season as his Detroit Tigers (62-93) ready for a matchup with the Minnesota Twins (77-80) on Saturday at 6:10 PM ET. The Tigers are underdogs (+108) against the Twins (-128). Minnesota’s Dylan Bundy and Detroit’s Drew Hutchison pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are 12th in MLB play with 173 total home runs.
- The Twins have the 11th-ranked batting average in the majors (.249).
- The Twins’ .318 on-base percentage is eighth-best in baseball.
- The Twins’ 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 13th in the league.
- The Twins average 1.1 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (84 total in road outings).
- The Twins are slugging .393 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .242 with 636 hits (8.4 per game) on the road this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota with an OBP of .372, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .419.
- Among all qualified hitters in MLB, Arraez’s batting average ranks fourth, his on-base percentage ranks 13th, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a six-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Carlos Correa has 146 hits, which is best among Minnesota batters this season. He’s batting .287 with 46 extra-base hits.
- Correa’s batting average is 22nd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 20th, and his slugging percentage 35th.
- Correa brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Gio Urshela has 137 hits this season and has a slash line of .283/.335/.426.
- Urshela has picked up a hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .417 with three doubles, four walks and three RBI.
- Jose Miranda is batting .272 with a .326 OBP and 66 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 102 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of .231 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .287.
- The Tigers rank 21st with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 79 games at home this season, they’ve hit 48 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- They are slugging .344 in 79 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .233 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has put up an on-base percentage of .279, a slugging percentage of .393, and has 129 hits, all club-bests for the Tigers.
- Including all qualifying players in the big leagues, Baez ranks 103rd in batting average, 131st in on-base percentage and 102nd in slugging percentage.
- Harold Castro has 20 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 17 walks while hitting .275.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .210 with 19 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 27 walks.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .204 with 23 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 18 walks.
Twins vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers