Table of Contents
The Atlanta Braves (98-59) will look to Matt Olson, who is on a two-game home run streak, when they face the New York Mets (98-59). The Mets are the moneyline favorite (-127) for this contest against the Braves (+107), which begins at 7:20 PM ET on Saturday at Truist Park. Max Scherzer gets the starting nod for New York, and Kyle Wright is Atlanta’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Braves
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 16th in MLB action with 162 total home runs.
- The Mets are second in the majors with a .258 batting average.
- The Mets are second in the league with a .332 on-base percentage.
- Mets batters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Mets average 1.1 homers per game when playing away from home this season (88 total in road contests).
- The Mets are slugging .426 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averages 9.3 hits per game and is batting .265 on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 157 hits, which ranks first among New York hitters this season, while batting .268 with 66 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified hitters, Alonso ranks 45th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 35th, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor leads New York in slugging percentage (.451) thanks to 54 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters, Lindor ranks 38th in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .266 with a .415 slugging percentage and 58 RBI this year.
- Jeff McNeil has a slash line of .322/.378/.440 this season and a team-best OPS of .818.
- McNeil heads into this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .375 with a double, six walks and three RBI.
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves rank second in Major League Baseball with 237 home runs.
- The Braves rank seventh in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Braves have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- The Braves rank just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.2 whiffs per contest.
- In 79 games at home this season, they’ve hit 121 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- They are slugging .452 in 79 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.4 base hits per game and batting .256 as a team at home this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley has accumulated a team-high OBP (.349), and leads the Braves in hits (165).
- Including all qualified hitters, Riley is 36th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 31st and he is sixth in slugging.
- Olson is batting .238 with 43 doubles, 31 home runs and 73 walks.
- Olson is currently 105th in batting average, 70th in on-base percentage and 37th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Dansby Swanson has accumulated a team-high .439 slugging percentage.
- Michael Harris II is hitting .304 with 27 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 19 walks.
Mets vs. Braves Probable Pitchers