Table of Contents
Adley Rutschman is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Baltimore Orioles (81-77) ready for a matchup against the New York Yankees (97-60) on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET. The Orioles are underdogs (+162) against the Yankees (-191). New York’s Luis Severino and Baltimore’s Kyle Bradish pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-best 246 home runs in total.
- The Yankees are 15th in MLB with a .242 batting average.
- The Yankees are fourth in baseball with a .325 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees strike out 8.6 times per game, the No. 18 mark in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per game when playing at home this season (136 total in home contests).
- The Yankees are slugging .442 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .242 with 627 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge has 174 hits and an OBP of .428 to go with a slugging percentage of .692. All three of those stats rank first among New York hitters this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Judge is fifth in batting average, first in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .229 with 21 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 57 walks.
- Rizzo is 119th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging among qualified batters.
- Gleyber Torres has 134 hits this season and has a slash line of .255/.308/.447.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .260 with a .356 OBP and 46 RBI for New York this season.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 170 home runs rank 14th in Major League Baseball.
- The Orioles rank 20th in MLB with a .237 team batting average.
- The Orioles have an on-base percentage of .305 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Orioles rank 21st with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 80 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .399 in away games this season with 251 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .234 on the road this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander has racked up 138 hits with a .320 on-base percentage, leading the Orioles in both categories.
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, Santander’s batting average ranks 88th, his on-base percentage is 77th, and he is 38th in slugging.
- Cedric Mullins has a .320 OBP while slugging .405. Both pace his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Mullins ranks 65th in batting average, 77th in on-base percentage and 88th in slugging percentage.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .248 with 27 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 42 walks.
- Austin Hays has 33 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 34 walks while hitting .251.
Yankees vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers