Table of Contents
The Houston Astros and Yordan Alvarez will take on Shane McClanahan and the Tampa Bay Rays on Saturday at 7:20 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Alvarez Props for Astros vs Rays
- Game Day: Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Game Time: 7:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Alvarez in 2022
- Alvarez has put up a team-best batting average of .305, while leading the Astros in home runs (37).
- Among batters in baseball, Alvarez ranks sixth in homers and 14th in RBI.
- In 87 of 130 games this year (66.9%) Alvarez has recorded a hit, and 39 of those contests (30.0%) he posted at least two.
- In 23.8% of his games this season, Alvarez has homered (31 of 130). During the 2022 campaign, he’s taken the pitcher deep in 6.8% of his trips to the dish.
Last Five Games
Rays Pitching in 2022
- McClanahan gets the start for the Rays, his 29th of the season. He is 12-7 with a 2.51 ERA and 192 strikeouts in 161 1/3 innings pitched.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 25-year-old’s 2.51 ERA ranks ninth, .917 WHIP ranks third, and 10.7 K/9 ranks sixth.
- The 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by the Rays pitching staff ranks 12th in the league.
- Rays pitchers combine to surrender 168 total home runs at a rate of 1.1 per game (to rank 16th in baseball).