Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs open the MLB campaign favored (-170) at home against the Cincinnati Reds (+146) at Wrigley Field on Sunday. The game starts at 2:20 PM ET. Chicago’s Marcus Stroman starts against Cincinnati’s Chase Anderson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Reds
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs ranked 11th in MLB action with 210 total home runs last season.
- The Cubs ranked 23rd in the majors with a .237 batting average.
- Last season the Cubs were the 21st-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.4 runs per game (705 total).
- The team’s 9.9 strikeouts per game were the most in the league.
- The Cubs averaged 1.4 homers per home game last season (111 total at home).
- The Cubs averaged 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .423 at home.
- The club batted .241 with 617 hits (7.7 per game) at home last season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Last season, Franmil Reyes finished with a slugging percentage of .522, fueled by 50 extra-base hits.
- Ian Happ had 105 hits and an OBP of .323.
- Willson Contreras ended his last campaign with 98 hits, an OBP of .340, plus a slugging percentage of .438.
- Yan Gomes slashed .252/.301/.421 and finished with an OPS of .722.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds ranked sixth in Major League Baseball with 222 home runs.
- The Reds had a team batting average of .249 last season, which ranked sixth among MLB teams.
- The Reds were among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking ninth with 786 total runs last season.
- The Reds ranked 19th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 93 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .394 in away games last season with 243 extra-base hits.
- They averaged eight base hits per game and had a .236 batting average on the road last season.
Reds Key Batters
- Jonathan India racked up an on-base percentage of .376 and a slugging percentage of .459 a season ago.
- Kyle Farmer hit .263 with 22 doubles, two triples, 16 home runs and 22 walks.
- Donovan Solano had 17 doubles, seven home runs and 25 walks while batting .280 last season.
- Jake Fraley hit .210 with seven doubles, nine home runs and 46 walks.
Cubs vs. Reds Probable Pitchers