Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (72-86) carry a six-game winning streak into a home contest against the Texas Rangers (66-91) on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET. The Angels are favored (-119) over the Rangers (-100). Texas has not named a starter while Los Angeles is projected to start Tucker Davidson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 11th in MLB play with 188 total home runs .
- The Angels have the 24th-ranked batting average in the league (.233).
- The Angels are 26th in the league with an on-base percentage of .296.
- The Angels strike out 9.6 times per game, the worst mark in the league.
- The Angels average 1.3 homers per home game this season (105 total at home).
- The Angels are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .415 at home.
- The club averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .242 at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has 157 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .527, both of which are best among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Ohtani’s batting average ranks 35th, his on-base percentage ranks 22nd, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Ohtani will look for his 17th straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .385 with two doubles and five RBI.
- Mike Trout has 26 doubles, two triples, 38 home runs and 51 walks while batting .277.
- Trout has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Taylor Ward has 134 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .362.
- Luis Rengifo has been key for Los Angeles with 128 hits, an OBP of .300 plus a slugging percentage of .442.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 193 home runs rank ninth in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers rank 18th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .301 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 24th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 80 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .389 in away games this season with 219 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .237 on the road this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien is batting .253 with 31 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 52 walks.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Semien’s batting average puts him 73rd, his on-base percentage is 103rd, and he is 58th in slugging.
- Corey Seager is batting .243 with 23 doubles, a triple, 32 home runs and 58 walks.
- Including all qualified players, Seager ranks 94th in batting average, 85th in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging percentage.
- Nate Lowe has racked up 175 hits with a .355 on-base percentage and a .497 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Rangers.
- Adolis Garcia has 32 doubles, five triples, 26 home runs and 40 walks while batting .250.
Angels vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers