Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies hit the field as road favorites (-247) in the first game of the season against the Washington Nationals (+203) at Nationals Park on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler and Washington’s Patrick Corbin will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies averaged 1.1 home runs per game to rank 15th in MLB action with 198 total home runs last season.
- The Phillies ranked 18th in the majors with a .240 batting average.
- Last season the Phillies were the 13th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (734 total).
- The club struck out 8.7 times per game to rank 16th in the league.
- The Phillies hit 103 home runs away from home last season (1.3 per game).
- The Phillies slugged .404 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team averaged eight hits per game and batted .236 on the road last season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Bryce Harper had 151 hits and an OBP of .429 last season.
- Nicholas Castellanos hit 34 homers while driving in 100 runs.
- Last season, Jean Segura finished with 14 home runs, 58 RBI and a batting average of .290 last season.
- Kyle Schwarber slashed .266/.374/.554 and finished with an OPS of .928.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals’ 182 home runs ranked 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Nationals’ .258 batting average was among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- The Nationals ranked 16th in the league with 724 total runs scored last season.
- The Nationals ranked fourth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of eight whiffs per contest.
- They hit 95 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .431 in home games last season with 233 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.5 base hits per game and hit .265 as a team at home last season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Nelson Cruz accumulated an on-base percentage of .334, a slugging percentage of .497, and had 136 hits last season.
- Cesar Hernandez hit .232 with 21 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lane Thomas had 15 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 37 walks while hitting .235 last season.
- Luis Garcia hit .242 with 18 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 11 walks.
Phillies vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers