The Chicago White Sox (80-80) host the Minnesota Twins (77-83) at 8:10 PM ET on Tuesday in a matchup featuring two of the league’s most consistent batters. Jose Abreu has a batting average of .304 (seventh in the majors) for the favored White Sox (-127), and Luis Arraez is fourth in MLB play hitting .315 this season for the underdog Twins (+107). Chicago’s Lucas Giolito and Minnesota’s Josh Winder will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Twins
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in baseball with 148 total home runs .
- The White Sox’s .256 batting average is fifth-best in the majors.
- The White Sox’s .311 on-base percentage ranks 17th in baseball.
- The White Sox strike out 7.8 times per game, the seventh-best mark in baseball.
- The White Sox average 1.0 home run per home game this season (76 total at home).
- The White Sox are slugging .383 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Abreu leads Chicago with 182 hits and an OBP of .378, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .445.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Abreu is seventh in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage, and 52nd in slugging.
- Abreu has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with three doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .249 with 32 doubles, 16 home runs and 39 walks.
- Andrus ranks 77th in batting average, 108th in on-base percentage and 91st in slugging in the majors.
- Andrew Vaughn is batting .273 with a .433 slugging percentage and 76 RBI this year.
- A.J. Pollock has been key for Chicago with 120 hits, an OBP of .294 plus a slugging percentage of .392.
- Pollock has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double and two walks.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins have hit 175 homers this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- The Twins rank 12th in MLB with a .248 team batting average.
- The Twins are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .317.
- The Twins rank 13th with an average of 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 79 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .389 in away games this season with 222 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .241 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez has a .372 on-base percentage and a .419 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Twins.
- Including all the qualifying players in MLB, Arraez’s batting average puts him fourth, his on-base percentage ranks 13th, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Arraez takes a seven-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .300 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Carlos Correa paces his team with 152 hits.
- Correa is currently 18th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 29th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters.
- Gio Urshela is batting .285 with 27 doubles, three triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks.
- Jose Miranda has 25 doubles, 15 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .268.
White Sox vs. Twins Probable Pitchers