Table of Contents
Willson Contreras is only one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Chicago Cubs (73-87) ready for a matchup with the Cincinnati Reds (61-99) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Cubs are underdogs (-100) against the Reds (-119). Cincinnati’s Luis Cessa and Chicago’s Javier Assad pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 18th in baseball with 155 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Reds’ .235 batting average ranks 21st in the majors.
- The Reds are 24th in the league with an on-base percentage of .303.
- The Reds strike out 8.8 times per game, the No. 23 mark in baseball.
- The Reds average 1.1 homers per home game this season (88 total at home).
- The Reds are slugging .399 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .247.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati with 131 hits and an OBP of .312, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .385.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Farmer ranks 71st in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage, and 107th in slugging.
- Jonathan India is hitting .247 with 16 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 31 walks.
- India has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- TJ Friedl has collected 54 base hits, an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
- Jake Fraley is batting .255 with a .340 OBP and 28 RBI for Cincinnati this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 19th in Major League Baseball with 154 home runs.
- The Cubs’ .238 batting average ranks 18th in the league this season.
- The Cubs have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- The Cubs rank 25th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 81 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 79 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .377 in 79 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .228 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has accumulated 155 hits with a .344 on-base percentage and a .444 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Cubs.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Happ is 36th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and 54th in slugging percentage.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .280 with 22 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Hoerner is 27th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 85th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Contreras is hitting .240 with 23 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 44 walks.
- Seiya Suzuki is hitting .267 with 22 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 41 walks.
Reds vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers