Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Chargers (2-2) and the Cleveland Browns (2-2) meet at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday, October 9, 2022.
The Browns are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), against the Chargers (with an over/under of 47.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Los Angeles Chargers vs. Cleveland Browns
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: FirstEnergy Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers’ ATS record is 3-1-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 3-point favorites this season, the Chargers are 2-1 against the spread.
- Two of the Chargers’ four games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers are compiling 371.8 yards per game on offense, which ranks them seventh in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 20th, surrendering 349.5 yards per game.
- The Chargers have the 12th-ranked scoring offense this season (23 points per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking third-worst with 27 points allowed per game.
- Offensively, the Chargers have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking best in the NFL by averaging 307.3 per game. They rank 17th on defense (239.8 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Chargers have been a bottom-five run offense this season, ranking worst with 64.5 rushing yards per game. Defensively, they are ranked 14th in the NFL (109.8 rushing yards allowed per game).
- The Chargers are putting up a 40.7% third-down percentage on offense this season (11th in NFL), and they are allowing a 42% third-down conversion rate (21st) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Chargers are putting up 5.7 yards per play (13th in the league), while surrendering 6.2 per play on the defensive side of the ball (23rd in the NFL) this season.
- The Chargers own the eighth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +1, forcing five turnovers (19th in NFL) while turning it over four times (fifth in NFL).
Chargers’ Best Players
- Justin Herbert: 1,250 PASS YDS / 312.5 YPG / 66.9% / 9 TD / 2 INT
- Austin Ekeler: 45 CAR / 140 YDS / 35 YPG / 2 TD / 27 REC / 188 YDS / 47 YPG / 1 TD
- Sony Michel: 22 CAR / 58 YDS / 14.5 YPG / 0 TD / 5 REC / 31 YDS / 7.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Williams: 18 REC / 258 YDS / 64.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Gerald Everett: 16 REC / 211 YDS / 52.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Khalil Mack: 15 TKL / 5 TFL / 5 SACK
- Drue Tranquill: 33 TKL / 1 INT / 2 PD
- Bryce Callahan: 14 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 4 PD
Betting Insights for Browns
- The Browns have covered the spread twice in four opportunities this year.
- The teams have hit the over in three of the Browns’ four games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Browns
- The Browns’ offensive attack has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 384.8 total yards per contest. In terms of defense, they are allowing 326 total yards per game, which ranks ninth.
- With 26.3 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Browns rank sixth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 19th, surrendering 23.8 points per game.
- With 197.5 passing yards per game on offense, the Browns rank 25th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 13th, giving up 212.8 passing yards per contest.
- The Browns’ run offense has been consistently moving the chains, racking up 187.3 rushing yards per contest (second-best) this season. On defense, they rank 17th by surrendering 113.3 rushing yards per game.
- The Browns are generating a 45% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up a 36.4% third-down rate (13th-ranked) on defense.
- With 5.6 yards per play on offense, the Browns rank 16th in the NFL. On defense they rank 20th, surrendering 6 yards per play.
- The Browns have registered four forced turnovers (20th in NFL) and committed three turnovers (fourth in NFL) this season for a +1 turnover margin that ranks eighth in the NFL.
Best Players for Browns
- Jacoby Brissett: 830 PASS YDS / 207.5 YPG / 64.6% / 4 TD / 2 INT / 18 CAR / 80 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Nick Chubb: 81 CAR / 459 YDS / 114.8 YPG / 5 TD / 6 REC / 37 YDS / 9.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Kareem Hunt: 46 CAR / 200 YDS / 50 YPG / 1 TD / 11 REC / 73 YDS / 18.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Amari Cooper: 20 REC / 228 YDS / 57 YPG / 2 TD
- David Njoku: 18 REC / 201 YDS / 50.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Donovan Peoples-Jones: 12 REC / 141 YDS / 35.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Myles Garrett: 7 TKL / 4 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 PD
- John Johnson: 23 TKL / 1 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 2 PD
- Grant Delpit: 19 TKL / 1 INT / 3 PD