Table of Contents
The New England Patriots (1-3) host the Detroit Lions (1-3) at Gillette Stadium on Sunday, October 9, 2022.
The Patriots are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3), versus the Lions. The over/under for this matchup is 46.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for New England Patriots vs. Detroit Lions
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Foxborough, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Gillette Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Patriots
- The Patriots is 1-2-1 against the spread this season.
- The Patriots are 0-0-1 against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- Two of the Patriots’ four games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Patriots
- The Patriots rank 18th in total offense (341.3 yards per game) and 19th in total defense (346.8 yards allowed per game) this season.
- Offensively, the Patriots rank 24th in the NFL with 18.5 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 22nd in points allowed (346.8 points allowed per contest).
- The Patriots rank 22nd in pass offense (212.8 passing yards per game) and 11th in pass defense (211 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Patriots are totaling 128.5 rushing yards per game on offense (10th in the NFL), and they rank 26th on the other side of the ball with 135.8 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Patriots rank 15th in third-down efficiency (39.1%) on offense and 27th in third-down percentage allowed (46.3%) on defense this season.
- The Patriots are gaining 6 yards per play (11th in the league), while allowing 5.9 per play on the defensive side of the ball (19th in the NFL) this season.
- With six forced turnovers (12th in NFL) against nine turnovers committed (29th in NFL), the Patriots’ -3 turnover margin is the fifth-worst in the NFL.
Patriots’ Best Players
- Mac Jones: 786 PASS YDS / 196.5 YPG / 66% / 2 TD / 5 INT
- Damien Harris: 53 CAR / 246 YDS / 61.5 YPG / 3 TD / 7 REC / 29 YDS / 7.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Rhamondre Stevenson: 43 CAR / 211 YDS / 52.8 YPG / 1 TD / 11 REC / 57 YDS / 14.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Nelson Agholor: 14 REC / 225 YDS / 56.3 YPG / 1 TD
- DeVante Parker: 8 REC / 189 YDS / 47.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Jakobi Meyers: 13 REC / 150 YDS / 37.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Deatrich Wise: 17 TKL / 4 TFL / 4 SACK
- Ja’Whaun Bentley: 25 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 SACK
- Jalen Mills: 10 TKL / 1 INT / 1 PD
Betting Insights for Lions
- The Lions are 3-1-0 against the spread this year.
- The Lions are a perfect 2-0 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this year.
- The Lions have gone over in all of their four games with a set total.
Stats & Insights for Lions
- The Lions rank worst in total yards allowed per game on defense (444.8), but at least they’ve been excelling on the other side of the ball, ranking best in total yards per game (436.8).
- The Lions rank worst in points allowed per game on defense (35.3), but at least they’ve been playing well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking best in points per game (35).
- The Lions rank third-worst in passing yards allowed per game (279.3), but at least they’ve been excelling on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in passing yards per contest (272.8).
- The Lions have been struggling against the run, ranking third-worst with 165.5 rushing yards surrendered per game. They have been more productive on offense, posting 164 rushing yards per contest (sixth-ranked).
- The Lions’ defense has been bottom-five on third down this season, allowing a 52.8% third-down conversion rate, which ranks worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 19th with a 52.8% third-down rate.
- On defense, the Lions are a bottom-five unit in terms of yards per play, allowing 6.6 (second-worst). On the bright side, they are dominating on the offensive side of the ball, posting 6.6 yards per play (best).
- The Lions have a -1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 22nd in the NFL.
Best Players for Lions
- Jared Goff: 1,126 PASS YDS / 281.5 YPG / 60.9% / 11 TD / 3 INT
- Jamaal Williams: 62 CAR / 276 YDS / 69 YPG / 6 TD / 5 REC / 30 YDS / 7.5 YPG / 0 TD
- D’Andre Swift: 27 CAR / 231 YDS / 57.8 YPG / 1 TD / 8 REC / 77 YDS / 19.3 YPG / 1 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 18 REC / 261 YDS / 65.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Amon-Ra St. Brown: 23 REC / 253 YDS / 63.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Josh Reynolds: 17 REC / 243 YDS / 60.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Aidan Hutchinson: 12 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 SACK
- Malcolm Rodriguez: 32 TKL / 2 TFL
- Will Harris: 9 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 INT / 1 PD