Table of Contents
The Miami Dolphins (3-1) square off against a familiar opponent when they visit the New York Jets (2-2) on Sunday, October 9, 2022 at MetLife Stadium in an AFC East showdown.
The Jets are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), versus the Dolphins (with an over/under of 44.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Dolphins
- The Dolphins’ ATS record is 3-1-0 this season.
- In games they have played as at least 3-point favorites this season, the Dolphins are 1-0 against the spread.
- The Dolphins have combined with their opponent to go over in one of four games with a set total (25%).
Stats & Insights for Dolphins
- With 403 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Dolphins have had to rely on their 10th-ranked offense (361 yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- The Dolphins rank ninth in scoring offense (24.5 points per game) and 16th in scoring defense (22.8 points allowed per game) this season.
- While the Dolphins rank second-worst in the NFL in passing defense with 299.3 passing yards allowed per game, it’s been a different story on the other side of the ball, as they rank third-best in the NFL (291.8 passing yards per game).
- The Dolphins rank third-worst in rushing offense (69.3 rushing yards per game), but they’ve played better on defense, ranking 11th with 103.8 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- In addition to a 50% third-down percentage allowed on defense, which ranks third-worst in the NFL, the Dolphins have put up the 10th-ranked third-down percentage (41.9%) on offense.
- The Dolphins rank 27th in yards per play allowed this season (6.3), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking best in the NFL with 6.6 yards per play.
- The Dolphins have forced four total turnovers (20th in NFL) this season and have turned it over four times (fifth in NFL) for a turnover margin of an even, 15th-ranked in the NFL.
Dolphins’ Best Players
- Tua Tagovailoa: 1,035 PASS YDS / 258.8 YPG / 69.6% / 8 TD / 3 INT
- Raheem Mostert: 39 CAR / 147 YDS / 36.8 YPG / 0 TD / 6 REC / 56 YDS / 14 YPG / 0 TD
- Chase Edmonds: 28 CAR / 85 YDS / 21.3 YPG / 2 TD / 8 REC / 68 YDS / 17 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyreek Hill: 31 REC / 477 YDS / 119.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Jaylen Waddle: 21 REC / 381 YDS / 95.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Trent Sherfield: 8 REC / 77 YDS / 19.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Melvin Ingram: 8 TKL / 3 TFL / 2 SACK / 1 PD
- Brandon Jones: 27 TKL / 1 SACK / 2 PD
- Jevon Holland: 20 TKL / 1.5 SACK / 1 INT / 3 PD
Betting Insights for Jets
- The Jets have covered the spread twice in four opportunities this season.
- When they have played as at least 3-point underdogs this season, the Jets are 2-2 against the spread.
- Two of the Jets’ four games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Stats & Insights for Jets
- The Jets are compiling 364.5 total yards per game on offense this season (eighth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 326.5 total yards per contest (10th-ranked).
- The Jets are compiling 19 points per contest on offense this season (19th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 25.3 points per game (25th-ranked) on defense.
- The Jets’ pass offense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 277 passing yards per contest. In terms of defense, they are giving up 217.8 passing yards per game, which ranks 15th.
- The Jets rank fifth-worst in rushing yards per game (87.5), but they’ve been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 13th in the NFL with 108.8 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- The Jets rank 21st in third-down conversion percentage (37.1%) on offense, but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking second-worst in the NFL with a 51% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Jets are accumulating 5.3 yards per play on offense this season (26th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 5.6 yards per play (14th-ranked) on defense.
- The Jets own a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 25th in the NFL.
Best Players for Jets
- Joe Flacco: 901 PASS YDS / 225.3 YPG / 58.7% / 5 TD / 3 INT
- Breece Hall: 38 CAR / 178 YDS / 44.5 YPG / 1 TD / 15 REC / 113 YDS / 28.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Michael Carter: 37 CAR / 137 YDS / 34.3 YPG / 0 TD / 15 REC / 88 YDS / 22 YPG / 0 TD
- Corey Davis: 15 REC / 261 YDS / 65.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 20 REC / 255 YDS / 63.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Elijah Moore: 15 REC / 192 YDS / 48 YPG / 0 TD
- Quinnen Williams: 14 TKL / 2 TFL / 2.5 SACK / 1 PD
- C.J. Mosley: 41 TKL / 1 TFL / 1 PD
- Lamarcus Joyner: 22 TKL / 2 INT / 4 PD