Table of Contents
Star running back Blake Corum and the Michigan Wolverines (5-0) face the Indiana Hoosiers (3-2) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET at Memorial Stadium (Bloomington, IN).
The Hoosiers are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +22) against the Wolverines (with an over/under of 59 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Michigan vs. Indiana
- Game Day: Saturday, October 8, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Bloomington, Indiana
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium (Bloomington, IN)
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Michigan Betting Insights
- Indiana is 1-4-0 against the spread this season.
- Three of Indiana’s five games with a set total have hit the over (60%).
Michigan Stats & Insights
- Defensively, Michigan has been a top-25 unit, ranking sixth-best by surrendering only 252.0 yards per game. The offense ranks 32nd (456.6 yards per game).
- Michigan has been finding success on both offense and defense, ranking sixth-best in scoring offense (45.4 points per game) and sixth-best in scoring defense (11.6 points allowed per game).
- Michigan ranks 79th in passing yards this year (234.8 per game), but has been playing really well on defense, ranking 10th-best in the FBS with 157.8 passing yards allowed per game.
- Michigan has been clicking on all fronts in the running game this season, ranking 13th-best in rushing offense (221.8 rushing yards per game) and 14th-best in rushing defense (94.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Michigan is averaging a 44.2% third-down conversion rate on offense (44th in the FBS), and ranks 29th on the other side of the ball with a 30.4% third-down percentage allowed.
- Michigan owns the 26th-ranked turnover margin in college football at +4, forcing six turnovers (82nd in the FBS) while turning it over two times (fifth in the FBS).
Michigan’s Best Players
- J.J. McCarthy has thrown for 848 yards (169.6 ypg) to lead Michigan, completing 78.6% of his passes and tossing six touchdown passes this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 64 rushing yards on 17 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Corum has 611 rushing yards on 93 carries with 10 touchdowns.
- This season, Donovan Edwards has carried the ball 20 times for 119 yards (23.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Ronnie Bell’s leads his squad with 269 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 19 receptions (out of 24 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Roman Wilson has hauled in 12 passes while averaging 44.8 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Luke Schoonmaker’s 14 grabs have turned into 162 yards and one touchdown.
- Mike Morris has 4.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 6.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Junior Colson is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s amassed 36 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- R.J. Moten has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has 16 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended to his name.
Indiana Betting Insights
- Indiana is 1-4-0 against the spread this year.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Indiana’s five games with a set total.
Indiana Stats & Insights
- Indiana ranks 83rd in total yards per game (384.0), but it has been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 25th-worst in the FBS with 420.4 total yards allowed per contest.
- Indiana ranks 87th in the FBS with 27.2 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 99th with 30.4 points ceded per contest on defense.
- Indiana’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in pass defense this season, allowing 277.8 passing yards per game, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 33rd with 278.8 passing yards per contest.
- Indiana’s running game has been sputtering, ranking 17th-worst in the FBS with 105.2 rushing yards per game. It has been more effective defensively, surrendering 142.6 rushing yards per contest (70th-ranked).
- With a 41.6% third-down conversion rate on offense, Indiana ranks 57th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 92nd, giving up a 41.8% third-down rate.
- Indiana has recorded eight forced turnovers (45th in the FBS) and committed nine turnovers (99th in the FBS) this season for a -1 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
Indiana’s Best Players
- Connor Bazelak has racked up 1,394 yards on 52.8% passing while collecting eight touchdown passes with five interceptions this season.
- Shaun Shivers has rushed for 345 yards on 78 carries so far this year while scoring four times on the ground.
- Josh Henderson has racked up 181 yards (on 41 carries) with two touchdowns, while also catching nine passes for 120 yards and one touchdown.
- Cam Camper has registered 33 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 418 (83.6 yards per game). He’s been targeted 60 times and has one touchdown.
- D.J. Matthews has put together a 198-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 17 passes on 27 targets.
- Emery Simmons’ 28 targets have resulted in 15 grabs for 149 yards and one touchdown.
- Dasan McCullough has 4.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Indiana’s tackle leader, Cam Jones, has 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Myles Jackson has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 0.5 sacks and one pass defended to his name.