The New York Mets (98-61) host the Washington Nationals (55-104) on Tuesday at 4:10 PM ET in a matchup between two teams on losing streaks. The favored Mets (-268) have dropped three straight games, while the underdog Nationals (+218) are losers of their last two. New York’s Taijuan Walker and Washington’s Cory Abbott will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: SNY
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 16th in MLB play with 164 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Mets have the second-best batting average in the majors (.258).
- The Mets’ .331 on-base percentage ranks second-best in the league.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-best mark in the league.
- The Mets have hit 74 homers at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Mets are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .391 at home.
- The club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 159 hits, batting .269 this season with 66 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Alonso’s batting average ranks 43rd, his on-base percentage ranks 32nd, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Alonso has picked up at least one hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .271 with 24 doubles, five triples, 25 home runs and 59 walks.
- Lindor’s batting average is 41st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 42nd, and his slugging percentage 49th.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .267 with a .414 slugging percentage and 58 RBI this year.
- Nimmo takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with three walks.
- Jeff McNeil has a slash line of .326/.381/.448 this season and a team-best OPS of .829.
- McNeil takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .395 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 134 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Nationals rank 11th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- The Nationals have the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- The Nationals have shown patience at the plate this season with the third-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.5) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 78 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .379 in away games this season with 194 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .259 with 8.9 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Lane Thomas has accumulated 119 hits, a team-high for the Nationals.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Thomas ranks 88th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 106th and he is 79th in slugging.
- Cesar Hernandez’s .319 slugging percentage paces his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hernandez’s batting average places him 81st, his on-base percentage ranks 93rd, and he is 129th in slugging.
- Luke Voit has racked up an on-base percentage of .313, a team-best for the Nationals.
- Nelson Cruz has a .313 on-base percentage to pace his team.
Mets vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers