Table of Contents
The San Francisco Giants (80-80) visit the San Diego Padres (88-72) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Giants are moneyline underdogs (+123) against the favored Padres (-145). San Francisco has not named a starting pitcher while San Diego is projected to start Sean Manaea.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Giants
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres average 1.0 home run per game to rank 20th in baseball with 152 total home runs .
- The Padres’ .240 batting average ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Padres rank seventh in baseball with an on-base percentage of .318.
- The Padres strike out 8.2 times per game to rank 10th in baseball.
- The Padres have hit 76 homers at home this season (1.0 per game).
- The Padres are averaging 2.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .363 in home contests.
- The club is batting .229 with 587 hits (7.4 per game) at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Manny Machado has 168 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .529, both of which are best among San Diego hitters this season.
- Machado ranks 16th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage, and seventh in slugging among qualifying hitters in MLB.
- Juan Soto leads San Diego with an OBP of .403 this season while batting .244 with 135 walks and 93 runs scored.
- Soto ranks 88th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging in the majors.
- Josh Bell has 147 hits this season and has a slash line of .267/.361/.424.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .240 with a .333 OBP and 87 RBI for San Diego this season.
- Cronenworth heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants have hit 180 homers this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Giants’ .234 batting average ranks 22nd in the league this season.
- The Giants have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Giants rank 26th in strikeouts per game (9.0) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 79 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .386 in away games this season with 228 extra-base hits.
- In 79 road games this season, they have a batting average of .229 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has 28 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 59 walks while batting .231.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Flores’ batting average ranks 113th, his on-base percentage is 79th, and he is 93rd in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada has collected 126 hits with a .323 on-base percentage while slugging .403. Those stats are all team-highs.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Estrada is 61st in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging percentage.
- Joc Pederson is batting .274 with 19 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 42 walks.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .211 with 30 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 60 walks.
Padres vs. Giants Probable Pitchers